Need advice on choosing my rv

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Always look at the roof of a used RV. Rubber roofs need replaced every 10-15 years, or there is a coating that extends the life a couple of years. Expect expensive and hidden damage if the roof was not replaced in time.

Connell857: Wondering what issue you see with the C-Head if you are comfortable saying. For the most part here, everyone is pretty open about discussing such matters and helping find solutions. We are considering it and we're 62. We have had every sort of toilet at this point, currently using a cassette toilet that I would like to rip out and drive over several times.

Also, if you go with a newer unit, remember, depending on where you live, you will be paying more sales tax, more personal property tax and higher insurance premiums. That can amount to a LOT!

Snow GypsyConnell857:  Wondering what issue you see with the C-Head if you are comfortable saying.  For the most part here, everyone is pretty open about discussing such matters and helping find solutions.  We are considering it and we're 62.  We have had every sort of toilet at this point, currently using a cassette toilet that I would like to rip out and drive over several times.

Also, if you go with a newer unit, remember, depending on where you live, you will be paying more sales tax, more personal property tax and higher insurance premiums.  That can amount to a LOT!

Lol!
 OK the thing about the toilet is I was on YouTube and you couple described clearly the problems with it. Even though they have one in their going to keep it. People don't seem to realize that you have to dump it more often then other people. Especially if you have a tendency to have diarrhea. And urinate a lot.  I am diabetic. And take medication. I do  urinate a lot. Also I have had a problem with diarrhea. And one more problem is that I do like to eat alot' I was meaning more poop. They had to dump Thursday every 4 days.
Do you know if they'll have a problem with bugs. Do you have to be very careful and don't get inside. So I was just wondering maybe this might not be a good idea. I mean even maybe just a fucking would be bett do you know if they'll have a problem with bugs. Do you have to be very careful and don't get inside. So I was just wondering maybe this might not be a good idea. I mean even maybe  just a bucket would be better. 
 But I'm not against it. I do want to boondocks. And I do not want to to go to town just to dump my poop. But I will work all of this out. MaybI'll get a portable potty when I'm  Boondocking.  Do you guys know better than I do you've been out there you know what works for you or not. I'm just gonna have to wait till I get my RV and see how I like it. If it does work better then I will definitely get one. It is just me and the dog. So maybe I won't have to dump it as much.

Anyway thank you so much for your suggestion. This form is the nicest people I have ever talked. I'm so glad I found all of you. I wish so much that I could go in January to need to mee anyway thank you so much for your suggestion. This form is the nicest people I have ever talked. I'm so glad I found all of you. I wish so much that I could go in January !

I'm here in Alabama in. With my daughters. Daphne Alabama. I checked  how far it is to drive to quartzite,Az  about 1700 miles one way.  I just can't make it there and back into weeks. And that's all I.  I'm I would be allowed of to go. Maybe next year. Everybody take a lot of pictures so I can see what you're doing .!   Goodbye for now I have to go back to work 
  Later  :)

Connell857 said:
Snow GypsyConnell857:  Wondering what issue you see with the C-Head if you are comfortable saying.  For the most part here, everyone is pretty open about discussing such matters and helping find solutions.  We are considering it and we're 62.  We have had every sort of toilet at this point, currently using a cassette toilet that I would like to rip out and drive over several times.

Also, if you go with a newer unit, remember, depending on where you live, you will be paying more sales tax, more personal property tax and higher insurance premiums.  That can amount to a LOT!

Lol!
 OK the thing about the toilet is I was on YouTube and you couple described clearly the problems with it. Even though they have one in their going to keep it. People don't seem to realize that you have to dump it more often then other people. Especially if you have a tendency to have diarrhea. And urinate a lot.  I am diabetic. And take medication. I do  urinate a lot. Also I have had a problem with diarrhea. And one more problem is that I do like to eat alot' I was meaning more poop. They had to dump Thursday every 4 days.
Do you know if they'll have a problem with bugs. Do you have to be very careful and don't get inside. So I was just wondering maybe this might not be a good idea. I mean even maybe just a fucking would be bett do you know if they'll have a problem with bugs. Do you have to be very careful and don't get inside. So I was just wondering maybe this might not be a good idea. I mean even maybe  just a bucket would be better. 
 But I'm not against it. I do want to boondocks. And I do not want to to go to town just to dump my poop. But I will work all of this out. MaybI'll get a portable potty when I'm  Boondocking.  Do you guys know better than I do you've been out there you know what works for you or not. I'm just gonna have to wait till I get my RV and see how I like it. If it does work better then I will definitely get one. It is just me and the dog. So maybe I won't have to dump it as much.

Anyway thank you so much for your suggestion. This form is the nicest people I have ever talked. I'm so glad I found all of you. I wish so much that I could go in January to need to mee anyway thank you so much for your suggestion. This form is the nicest people I have ever talked. I'm so glad I found all of you. I wish so much that I could go in January !

I'm here in Alabama in. With my daughters. Daphne Alabama. I checked  how far it is to drive to quartzite,Az  about 1700 miles one way.  I just can't make it there and back into weeks. And that's all I.  I'm I would be allowed of to go. Maybe next year. Everybody take a lot of pictures so I can see what you're doing .!   Goodbye for now I have to go back to work 
  Later  :)
 I did not spell the F word. I did not say. That AutoCorrect put that in there. I said dumping. I checked my post before I send. So that should not be there I think I should just turn off auto correct or something. Sorry if I've  offended you !

The "f" word, yeah, that kind of threw me off. You have plenty of time of figure it all out. And, AL to AZ is a long, long trip as we did a AZ to NC years ago. I thought we would never get out of TX. I can assure you, there is a lot of learn. We started with RVs over 30 years ago with an old tent camper and pickup our 9th choice on Tuesday. Bugs? I read that could be an issue. A bucket-type would work well as a backup and you can always line it with a bag. We keep one in the tow vehicle with cedar shavings.

when boondocking in the sticks I use cat holes away from camp. this eliminates the whole issue of dumping either your black tank, bags, or whatever you use. of course this is not always an option, so you must have another option, such as a toilet, 5 gallon bucket, a c-head or prota-pottie, etc. I consider the other options as back ups and are not my primary choice. highdesertranger