National parks and NF

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joeonthecape

Reaction score
Reading the post on National park fees,,I have a question,,Im 66 yrs old and retired,,is there a pass I can buy and get a discount at NP and NF. Is this for just entrance fee s or also camping fees.  Can I buy it over the internet , any Idea the cost. Thank you Joeonthecape

When I got my senior pass, I got it at the Yellowstone entrance for nothing.  Just a drivers license showing that I was old enough and sign a paper. :cool: :D

Brian

The America the Beautiful Pass is available to those 62 and older for $10. It will give you entry to national parks and monuments and also 50% off camping fees in most federal campgrounds, including NP, NF, COE and BLM and is good for life. I use mine a lot.

Mockturtle you put it better than I did; the disability is the same as for the 62 and older .No age limit you just have to provide a copy of your SSDI or SSI award letter that you get when first approved for disability.There are some states that also accept the ATB pass for reduced fees.

Now if they only made it available to Canadians too I'd be in heaven.

I am forever doomed to pay full price!

I have heard that SOME state parks will give a discount if you have the pass as well. I wouldn't know. I'm too young to get the pass and I figure by the time I'm old enough, they will discontinue it.