My story

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moonglow

Reaction score
I am a 74-year young woman.   I have been RVing/van dwelling for about 8 years.  I travel with my dogs and cats which are well acclimated to this life style.  I have been off the road for about 1 1/2 year due to getting married to my best friend that needed me by his side.  My husband passed away 2 1/2 months after we got married due to a very aggressive kind of cancer.  His last wish was for me to follow my dream and not to allow anyone to stop me from doing this.  When we married I had my own pets and inherited his when he passed away.  I live in a 2004 Freestar rust bucket of a van and hope to find me a larger one within the next couple of months.  

Right now I am taking it easy and taking my time getting to AZ again.  My van is really on its last leg but like me, it keeps on going.  I presently tow a small trailer with some of my belongings some that I will probably part with and some that I will need when I get a larger van.  I live on my Social Security so I stay in one state for about 3 weeks or until my check comes in.  When I can save enough to buy me a large cargo van I will be able to travel a little more.

Moonglow Doran

Welcome aboard Moonglow !
Hope you find that new van and before the old one konks!

When you start seeing possibles ask for opinions on them .
And anything else you want to find out more about!

Hi Moonglow, Welcome to the forum.
Sorry to hear your Hubby and best friend passed away. :( 
About your social security, have you considered having it direct deposited into your bank? That would free you up from having to hang around a specific state while waiting for your check.

Well, if you are going to be in AZ for a while and are looking for a full size van, my already converted Chevy Express will be for sale soon.

Ballenxj said:
About your social security, have you considered having it direct deposited into your bank? That would free you up from having to hang around a specific state while waiting for your check.

I do have it direct deposit but I only get a total of $745 and can't afford to waste the money until I get another van.  Have to save as much as I can.

Gideon33w said:
Well, if you are going to be in AZ for a while and are looking for a full size van, my already converted Chevy Express will be for sale soon.

I plan to be in AZ at the end of Oct. or the beginning of Nov.

Gideon33w said:

I should be in AZ either towards the end of Oct. or the beginning of Nov.

Moonglow said:
I plan to be in AZ at the end of Oct. or the beginning of Nov.

Well, unless the van sells in the mean time (I haven't even wrapped up the setup let alone posted it for sale yet) you're more than free to check it out and/or buy when you get down here.
Might even be able to convince the missus to let you put the Freestar (and/or trailer) up as a partial trade depending on the details on it.
In the mean time, take you time on the road. No need to rush travels or decisions. Especially when on a budget.

Also, I just posted a bunch of Craigslist van listings around the Phoenix area in the Trading Post section.
Don't know what will still be available by the time you get here but I can help you look if needed.

Welcome Moonglow to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

rvpopeye said:
Welcome aboard Moonglow !
Hope you find that new van and before the old one konks!

When you start seeing possibles ask for opinions on them .
And anything else you want to find out more about!

Thank you good advice.

Ballenxj said:
I already have it direct deposited, but thanks for the advice anyway.

Moonglow said:
I am a 74-year young woman.   I have been RVing/van dwelling for about 8 years.  I travel with my dogs and cats which are well acclimated to this life style.  I have been off the road for about 1 1/2 year due to getting married to my best friend that needed me by his side.  My husband passed away 2 1/2 months after we got married due to a very aggressive kind of cancer.  His last wish was for me to follow my dream and not to allow anyone to stop me from doing this.  When we married I had my own pets and inherited his when he passed away.  I live in a 2004 Freestar rust bucket of a van and hope to find me a larger one within the next couple of months.  

Right now I am taking it easy and taking my time getting to AZ again.  My van is really on its last leg but like me, it keeps on going.  I presently tow a small trailer with some of my belongings some that I will probably part with and some that I will need when I get a larger van.  I live on my Social Security so I stay in one state for about 3 weeks or until my check comes in.  When I can save enough to buy me a large cargo van I will be able to travel a little more.

Moonglow Doran

Hi Moonglow,
Delighted to see your post. I am a 75-year young woman travelling solo in a minivan.
Hope we can meet at RTR in AZ. Am coming from the far north east and also will take my time getting there.
Genie.

Welcome Moonglow. This video by Bob, interviewing Randy. It's to be a classic.

Leave out  thedot and place in a  period, i'm not able to post link, just yet. I hope you find it inspirational and entertaining, as I have.

https://www.youtube dot com/watch?v=UjTGF4jPdCY