My new home!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinaTomato

Reaction score
Hey CRVL fam! I just got the keys today to my future digs - a 2004 Ford E-350 Super Duty diesel 6.0L with 174,000 miles. I don't think I'll sleep tonight for the excitement. I have T-minus two weeks to transform the box from a bare shell to a studio apartment on wheels. Woo!  :D
new home.jpg

Attachments

• new home.jpg
    new home.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 43
travelaround said:
Beautiful choice! Congratulations! Can you walk from the cab to the back?
Yep! Sliding door. Can't wait to share a tour when the build is complete!

Sofisintown said:
Can you walk from the cab to the back?

Yup, she's got a door too!

Congratulations  Tina, it looks great! I hope you have a lot of fun getting it ready!
Thanks! I'll be documenting the process from start to finish - I've had a couple of false starts in other vehicles, but this will be the biggest and most "legit" project to date!

Congrats, Tina!

That doorway between the cab and the back will help keep it nice and quiet while you're driving. Great setup.

Have fun building it out -- you've got tons of room there.

Johnny

Congratulations!

That's an excellent base vehicle in which to build yourself a home.

WOW !!! I am so happy for you !!! Can't wait to see the build !!!!

Looks really awesome good luck. I don't know about the mileage but it looks great.

Congratulations - Now you have the fun coming and if you get it done in two weeks you are better than most of us on this site. I have been living in mine full-time since June 1 and I’m still building. If you ever heard that story about doubling the time and money you plan to spend on a project well It ain’t true. You need to triple it. They say money talks the only thing it says to me is goodbye. And time is not far behind.

It would be fun to see the "before, and after" pictures, and tell us how you like the build.

TinaTomato said:
Hey CRVL fam! I just got the keys today to my future digs - a 2004 Ford E-350 Super Duty diesel 6.0L with 174,000 miles. I don't think I'll sleep tonight for the excitement. I have T-minus two weeks to transform the box from a bare shell to a studio apartment on wheels. Woo!  :D
Is that considered low mileage for the vehicle? I have seen a few with these miles and am hesitant, I dont want to break down. Excited for you and look forward to seeing the progress!

Congratulations Tina. Maybe take it to a mechanic to give it an once over for your peace of mind if you didn't do it already.
I know the feeling of not getting any sleep from excitement. Best of luck with your build, and we are all here to pitch in with advice if you need any help.

americanspirit said:
Is that considered low mileage for the vehicle? I have seen a few with these miles and am hesitant, I dont want to break down.  Excited for you and look forward to seeing the progress!

Non commercial diesels generally have an official rating of 300,000 miles. That is known as the "80% rating" meaning 80% of owners won't have a catastrophic failure in that period.

Commercial diesels, like those on semi trucks, will often have an 80% rating of 500,000 miles.

You can often double that rating by having the engine reconditioned when it gets in that range.

Someone might want to knock on Tina's message door, she has not logged on since September.