My first day as a nomad coming real soon

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vanman2300

Reaction score
I've got my vehicle loaded and ready to go. A few more days to a few weeks and jumping in with both feet. Really can't wait to start the new life and adventure. 

I'm in the northeast and my destination is west/ southwest in general. I'm hoping to leave asap so I can stop by a few NPs. After that, I'll settle in somewhere on BLM land to do absolutely nothing but think and relax.Then maybe find a few other things to do.

I'm changing my life completely and not new to big life changes. I'm not running away from anything but putting the rest of the world at as great a length as possible in order to live a mentally uncluttered and saner life. Somewhere along the way I lost a lot of my humor and other traits I liked about myself that I now want to get back. Can't see it happening any other way.

I hope to run across some of you on this forum. Look for me in a Ford F150 white with Rhode Island plates and if you spot me come over and say hello. I love to meet people.

I have a couple months then I’ll be heading that way myself. I plan on making RTR . Hope to see you there.

Thanks Smitty. RTR is going to be a must for me. 8 months away so I'm thinking about what I want to do before RTR.

Send me a PM if you make it there.

I am currently resealing my roof on class c . After that I may make some trips . Doctors want me back every 3 months . So have to be back in August. I told them I was going to be gone November, December and January. So they better get it figured out . My surgeon laughed at me and told me I was the only one he ever had that had a lung removed and had the complications I have had and to be in such a hurry to leave . Most lay around and heal , I’ve been on roof doing stuff , cleaning inside . Replaced the thermostat and fan clutch. Haha he told me to slow down

Smitty716 said:
I am currently resealing my roof on class c . After that I may make some trips . Doctors want me back every 3 months . So have to be back in August. I told them I was going to be gone November, December and January.

My doctors only agreed to letting me go for three months without seeing them.  Well I just stretched it to four months.  Two of them weren't thrilled until they saw me and how much better I did in the southwest. I already warned them I will be going for much longer next winter.  Go and have a wonderful adventure!!!

Head to the CO moutains! On your way west. Me, I am heading to the PNW coast up and the Cascades down back to CA. See ya at the RTR! Try this mantra, I like myself! And Something great is going to happen today! They sound real stupid, but I have been saying this to myself the past week, and it has really improved my day and life.

*** and if you spot me come over and say hello. I love to meet people. ***

Well, ok, but you asked for it