My dog ate my steering wheel... Sorta

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frickinducky

Reaction score
image.jpg

So, curious if anyone knows the part names for the cruise control/overdrive assembly at the end of the gear shifter, the name of the windshield whipper controls on the turn signal stick, and the name of the two button assemblies for cruise control on the front of the steering wheel. 1999 ford e450. Sigh.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 30
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 28
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 26
Yeah, he was suppose to be a short term foster. Not so much. We will be doing classes this summer in colorado. He has seperation anxiety and bad habits from the previous owners. At least the seat belts still work.

Lucky the sucker didn't get knocked silly by the airbag.

According to this your vehicle may have been part of a Ford recall...
http://www.autosafety.org/ford-cruise-control-deactivation-switch-recalls-and-history

I was searching....
1999 ford e450 cruise control part number

Here's your turn signal assembly....
http://www.amazon.com/Evan-Fischer-...&newCar=1&s=automotive&vehicleType=automotive
Motorcraft (Ford) is about $90.

Couldn't find the cruise switch assembly for your model right off, but I'm sure you can with a little research.
There's always salvage yards too.

ouch, the one on the blinker you must buy the whole assembly. the one on the gear shifter you can replace just the switch and I guess you already found the cruise control switches. be careful when working around that air bag follow all instructions to a tee. highdesertranger

this is why I said "follow instruction's to a tee". some airbag can go off even if the battery is disconnected. do the research and find the correct procedure for your specific vehicle. air bags can be very dangerous if not handled properly. some manufacturers even have procedures for guarding against static electricity. better safe than sorry. highdesertranger

I am a bit paranoid - part of me wants to disconnect the battery to change the oil! But yes, watching vids on replacement. I am cautious and read, read, read before doing.

No junkyards in this area and shipping from one is almost as expensive. Found all the parts for less than 150$. Not great, but it'll do pig, it'll do.

Glad the pig wasn't pinched too darn seriously.
Need to get that pup a rock to chew on :D:D:D

Reminds me...used to have a mutt pup who would just as soon gnaw on a chunk of 2X4 as anything. The little monster could make splinters out of a 12" piece in short order. Came home one day to find he had pulled a new 8" piece out of my truck and having a good old time with it in the back yard. Just glad he wasn't chewing the tires off the truck :D

Oh yeah! He can reduce a log to splinters in short order. Teenager+separation anxiety = me devising a way to block off the front until the lil bugger is trained and comfortable in our pack. Hubby thinks cargo netting should do. Yeah, that'll work.

here's what I do with younger dogs. keep them busy, give them a work out, make them all tuckered out. they will not chew stuff up. I now this is hard to do sometimes and is not 100% but I find it works quite well. highdesertranger