My ambo...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BradKW said:
Looks very clean and functional! Couple questions:

1) What is the black material that serves as benchtop, what your laptop is sitting one?

2) It looks like in addition to bed hinging down, the black benchtop would hinge up for access into storage, but I can't picture how that would work without a 3-way piano hinge...

Oh, and how's that flooring mat working out for you? I think it'd drive me nuts, I'm always dropping little stuff...but it would be comfortable to stand on.

That covering is marine grade vinyl. Those compartments do open and are gas shock assisted, they are fairly easy to access.
As for the flooring, it is very comfortable underfoot and cleans up very easily. Once a month I pull it all out and sweep the metal base floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Little Buddy!

b46b168b7fd64ac265d4f0283d96d403.jpg

Yeah, it was 37 this morning!

c8f8f11731fdf3cfdb6ae2b171f82aa0.png

I am debating on keeping the little buddy or installing a wave 3. After looking at reviews on the wave 6, even though it says it can be mounted horizontal, it seems to only work on high in that position.

Baloo said:
I am debating on keeping the little buddy or installing a wave 3. After looking at reviews on the wave 6, even though it says it can be mounted horizontal, it seems to only work on high in that position.

The Wave is supposed to be a really efficient and nice heater, but I would hang on to that little buddy heater. They are a known entity with a good track record.

Ballenxj said:
The Wave is supposed to be a really efficient and nice heater, but I would hang on to that little buddy heater. They are a known entity with a good track record.
As a backup I meant.

I had a Wave6 in my Class A it was nice and a lot thinner than the Buddy but I think they both give about the same BTU , maybe even a little more from the Buddy.

I'd keep the Buddy and use the money for something else ????

66dfd89ee67499ce66de1c26ba0e1142.jpg

Well it was a good weekend! Here is the table

gsfish said:
Baloo,

Congratulations on your 100K views!!!

Guy

Thanks! I guess the ambo is worth looking at after all!

So looking at other heating options, I want dry heat (high humidity here). Vented propane or wood stove? So many choices!

Luis had installed one of these in his Chevy and said he like it. Little pricey but thought you might want to check it out.

https://www.webasto.com/us/markets-...uck/heating-systems/products/air-top-2000-st/

Post # 636 on his van build thread https://vanlivingforum.com/Thread-2014-Chevy-Express-2500-Van-Build-Luisafernandes?page=64

Mike R

Oh not sure how this relates but, I recall when I was a young whipper snapper moving into a cabin in Sequoia National park, how the sun passed through the cracks in the cabin walls and our heating was the rather large wood stove. Stoked and filled before bedtime, it was long gone by 3:00am! :) being young and tough wasn't enough to over come the cold, uggg

Oops forgot...they give cost breakdown and spent $900 doing it themselves

BobBski said:
Oops forgot...they give cost breakdown and spent $900 doing it themselves

Yeah, that's a bit much...

Well too late I guess, I picked up an Atwood Everest Star 7920-II.

f984986795f63673f887ca4fa769fb3e.jpg

Now where to put it? After hours of looking around with the tape measure, then only spot it would work and not get in the way is next to the microwave in the cabinet where the buddy heater was stored.

4a26108d44f2b3172309b314af48201f.jpg

Time for some drilling,fabricating, plumbing and wiring. Good by moist heat!

Ok, now the hard part, propane tank of some sort and where and how to store it. Looking at rv type frame mountable, but thinking two 20 pound grill style would be easier to swap out than to find a filling station

Latest posts