My 2001 pleasureway dream build

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natgreen

Reaction score
Hi y'all. I'm the proud new owner of a 2001 pleasureway excel TD. I'm going to be building it out and adding a lot of upgrades. I wanted to share with the forum and also get feedback from the community .This will be my 3rd van. Probably my last too. For a long time at least. I have been wanting one of these since I first started the vanlife. 

My first was a plan  old 99 ford economize hightop conversion. I built it out and after a year I got a 93 Chevy coachman . I been full timing in this for about 2 years now. It will also be up for sale soon. So come along! Join in! In have a ton of great and unique ideas for this build!

So. Now I got this sweeeeeet van running I'm going to get the windows tinted with ceramic heat blocking tint. Then it gets a new paint job. I was thinking like a NATO green/olive drab color. But before I did that I thought maybe I'd ask the forum what y'all tnought or if yall had any cool ideas for a paint job.

Attachments

• 01111_1e3w7LTsE5K_600x450.jpg
    01111_1e3w7LTsE5K_600x450.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 17
Keeping the top white reflects a lot of heat if you will be in warmer climates during the day. Desert tan doesn't show dirt as badly and doesn't stick out when boondocking in the southwest for the sides.

Natgreen said:
So. Now I got this sweeeeeet van running I'm going to get the windows tinted with ceramic heat blocking tint. Then it gets a new paint job. I was thinking like a NATO green/olive drab color. But before I did that I thought maybe I'd ask the forum what y'all tnought or if yall had any cool ideas for a paint job.
Beautiful van that looks great - congrats!  I personally like some of the matte finish paint jobs you see here and there.  I think an olive drab matte would look awesome!

download.jpeg.jpgThought this color looked really neat. The desert tan is 8n my wheelhouse also. I like the matte finish look but the guy painting it told me it would cost more, which I thought was odd. I thought it would be less

Attachments

• download.jpeg.jpg
    download.jpeg.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 9
paint it yourself the first time I painted mine I use rattle cans,

005.JPG

this was taken about 10 years after the rattle can paint job. BTW that is Desert Sand 30277. that Desert Sands blends good almost anywhere it is basically the color of dirt. the Olive Drab stands out like a sore thumb in the desert.

highdesertranger

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 10