My 1998 Ford E150 Conversion Van

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Journeyman

Reaction score
I finally bought a van. It's a 1998 Ford E150 Conversion van with a Triton V-8, and a Sherrod, Evo 2 body. There are some problems with it. There is a loud knocking on the valve cover on one side, but we believe that it is only a sheered pin on one rocker arm, an easy fix. Currently that appears to be the only engine problem, we'll see. No fluid leaks, and all fluids are clean.
As far as the inside goes, the seats were already gone by the time I bought it. The factory window blinds are gone from the driver's side. The door panels are gone. The side doors won't open, but thats just a new cable needed. Someone removed some of the side access panels to get at the wiring, but I can't tell if they messed with anything.
The body is in excellent condition, no rust or dents. But the roof was at one time damaged, bondoed but never sanded and painted. The tires are so new that they still have the little nobbies on them. All in all, it's in great condition.
And I got it for $600.https://vanlivingforum.com/file?id=1340716

WOW !!! That Looks Great and for $600 to boot !!! I'm jealous. lol

hoping I can find a deal like that soon.

<p style="margin: 0px;">Nice looking van, especially for that price. I to have a 98 high top Ford, same style. </p><p style="margin: 0px;">5.4 motor, only bad thing is the 12.5 MPG. Really like mine. Good luck</p>

I wish mine was a high top, but I may add one later we'll see.

Isn't that a high top? Nice find!!

Actually I was thinking of a pancake on top. Class B RV top.

<p style="margin: 0px;">Good find...Great canvas to start your artwork with...</p><p style="margin: 0px;">Rae</p>

Heres some more pics of the inside before I start remodeling. If I can figure out how to add them.

The first pic shows all the clutter because we're still trying to get it started. The second is an additional heating unit that I don't know if it works or not. The pic with the hoses is the heating hoses. A lot of overhead storage. There are tons of wires to the rear that go nowhere because they were previously unhooked and things removed. I'm hoping that I can trace them so I can use them to hook other things up. As far as the heater goes, I'm just assuming that is what it is, It could be AC or both. We'll see once we finally get it started.<br />As far as the engine is concerned, we found a rocker arm just laying in the bottom of the valve cover, but it still won't start, so we're going deeper. Then we'll see.