Modeling My Future Box Van

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I vote barn doors. the problem I see with your plan above is you are losing a lot of cubic feet. plus you have a small door again. I also vote for a few windows. highdesertranger

Spent a little time this evening playing around with adding windows that are concealable.  

my.SketchUp%206_zpsrmjbvjvw.jpg
[/URL][/img]

my.SketchUp%207_zpswmqozrfu.jpg
[/URL][/img]

Neat window concept...but just make sure that you're tall enough to be able to raise the window coverings.

Dragging around a step stool just so you can open and close window coverings is likely to get a little old real quick.... :)

Nicoloyd, thanks for posting your sketchup ideas. I used Excel and and loved visualizing the possibilities, but this is way cool.

I got to thinking... a little 'outside the box' ... on the 10' box study. What about a raised roof there in the middle so you can walk tall? Keep enough cross-beam structural integrity, don't go above the solar panel finish height.  Maybe just have one fan up there and put the other one somewhere else. A sound-deadening mat and thin carpet or vinyl might suffice for flooring.

Sassy

**All ideas from Sassy are bio-degradable**

Good ideas sassypickins, thank you. I had thought about raising the roof of the 10' box, still a consideration. I am not done playing with the 10' box yet, working on both box models to better weigh out their pro's and con's.

Some more thoughts applied to model form...  

my.SketchUp%208_zpsxhprk9sz.jpg
[/URL][/img]

my.SketchUp%209_zps3wirq9da.jpg
[/URL][/img]