Missing Piece of Technology

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corky52

Reaction score
A propane powered black/gray water incinerator, they used to be made back in the 50's.

I would not object to hauling ashes, even!

I see this as one of the few pieces of the puzzle that is missing.

Corky

Not sure how this works but I do know the local turd herders where I live used to burn the wastes after seperation of the water. They used to polomeryze the solids and burn them in a huge incinerator. This created a 'red ash' that nobody wanted and itched like hell when it got on your skin (a friend worked there). He would have to go into the incinerator periodically to clean it out and pick out what they called 'clunkers' that were big chucks of metal that all humans excrete that won't burn!

How does one incinerate water? Technically, a filtration/purification system for grey water is quite doable. Likely a bit large for smaller vehicles.

The liquid boils, the solids burn. Probably an air pollution problem.

It uses from 2 to 12 AH per (Use, cycle???) it is not clear on that. It also requires a 6 foot vent stack.

Perhaps if you have a lot of solar and room in a RV.

Still worth looking into.

I seem to remember an RV system that used the exhaust to incinerate the black water contents and maybe grey water. This was in the early 60's when I first became interested in traveling with your house.

I imagine the tree hugers killed it some how or other.

Lostinspace said:
I seem to remember an RV system that used the exhaust to incinerate the black water contents and maybe grey water. This was in the early 60's when I first became interested in traveling with your house.

I imagine the tree hugers killed it some how or other.

It was called a "Thermasan"