Mindful Camp -2018 RTR

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Detailed description of how to get to Mindful Camp.

Turn right at the red "RTR Music" sign.

Immediately there will be a fork. Stay right, continuing to follow the red "RTR Music" sign.

At the next fork, stay left.

At the next fork, stay straight (right)

You will pass through a narrow area and Eric and Jax of "Nomadic Fanatic" will be on your right.

Once you come out on the other side of that narrow passage, you will be leaving the well-worn road area and hugging the right side.

Up ahead you should see two 30' Class C RVs in close proximity to each other.  That is Mindful Camp. Find a spot to call home and welcome to the Mindful Nomadics.

I am creating a podcast show on YouTube every day during the RTR.

Check it out if you're here and curious about cultivating inner peace or you're in another location and would like to experience the essence of "Mindful Camp".

Thank you for doing this! It’s so helpful and a great way to get in synch with the camp before I arrive.

I just arrived. Let me know when/where you all will be. I'm excited to meet everyone!

Welcome Star Trails,

The coordinates and description of how to get to us is included in this thread. Let me know if you have any trouble finding us.

I went for a walk and did find the spot on the second attempt. 
Did not bring coords, just went with the written description, but there was nobody there.
I know I was in the correct location, because I saw the "Mindful Camp" rocks.

When I left I met someone who was looking as well and she told me there was a walking meditation scheduled at 5, that we just must have missed.
I did not know about that. Is there an easy way to find out, for us limited bandwidth folks?

I will keep trying. 

I tend to get side tracked chatting with people on my walks.

We gather at 8:30 in the morning for meditation at the firepit area that is a bit further down from where the "Mindful Camp" rocks are. We are there until 9:30am.

As you mentioned, we also gather in the same spot at 5pm to go on a walk.

Looking forward to connecting with you.

TomoMoto said:
We'll be there tonight at 5pm.

We still haven't found the mindfulness camp. There is no signage or description of your vehicles? There's no shortage of older class Cs. How might we find you tonight?? I've taken every iteration of right, left right! Is it near the collection of repurposed school buses?

We are definitely being overrun by the music area in the last few days. The mass of humanity has made my first instructions pretty useless at this point. There are a bunch of chairs around a firepit with no one camped that close to it. The coordinates are your best bet.

Looking up the way, there does appear to be a line of schoolies at the far end of our area. The firepit is on the other end of that camping zone.

TomoMoto,
I went back today and although i had found it previously, I still needed to look really carefully.
It's pretty far back from the Music area.

Look for or ask people for the "Mindful Camp"
This picture may help!

MFrancisDwyer, Star_Trails and everybody else, who was there today, it was really nice meeting you!!
Hope those of you, who ended up going to the main area afterwards, had a great time ;)

Attachments

• mindful camp.jpg
    mindful camp.jpg
    627.2 KB · Views: 11
Tomorrow morning we will have a short meditation at 8:30 (9 minutes) in "Mindful Camp" before we walk over to join the other meditation group for 9am meditation.

They do a 30-minute silent meditation followed by a question and answer period. This group has been holding mindful space at the RTR for three years and we are all looking forward to bringing these two groups together tomorrow.

There are coordinates and directions to 9am meditation on the bulletin board at the main RTR site, or feel free to walk over with us at 8:40am.

I’m here and landed.  
If I’m outside, please feel free to come over.  Otherwise, I’m chilling or napping.

Will meet you all at 5 pm!

0D7318FF-29C2-4A6B-8CA8-28DE2706E8FA.jpeg
461AB7E5-3E9E-4AD9-8DA6-7540C72F17CB.jpeg

Attachments

• 461AB7E5-3E9E-4AD9-8DA6-7540C72F17CB.jpeg
    461AB7E5-3E9E-4AD9-8DA6-7540C72F17CB.jpeg
    142.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 0D7318FF-29C2-4A6B-8CA8-28DE2706E8FA.jpeg
    0D7318FF-29C2-4A6B-8CA8-28DE2706E8FA.jpeg
    212.4 KB · Views: 17
It has been an amazing two weeks.

Thank you to everyone who participated in Mindful Camp, to the other meditation area for welcoming us and offering such amazing large group sessions, to Bob for bringing us all together and creating the space where we could find our tribe and to all those that came together for the 2018 RTR. The experience greatly exceeded my expectations.

I'll comment more and share my thoughts in greater detail once I have had a chance to rest and recover. Until then, the thoughts that were shared this morning were so powerful that I thought I'd share it here.

Safe travels...and until we meet again.

Steve (MFrancisDwyer)

When asked
“How would you have lived your life differently if you had a chance?”
Nadine Stair, an 85-year-old woman, from Louisville, Kentucky, provided these poetic words as her response…

If I had my life to live over again,
I’d dare to make more mistakes next time.
I’d relax.
I’d limber up.
I’d be sillier than I’ve been this trip.
I would take fewer things seriously.
I would take more chances,
I would eat more ice cream and less beans.
I would, perhaps, have more actual troubles but fewer imaginary ones.
you see, I’m one of those people who was sensible and sane,
hour after hour,
day after day.

Oh, I’ve had my moments.
If I had to do it over again,
I’d have more of them.
In fact, I’d try to have nothing else- just moments,
one after another, instead of living so many years ahead of each day.
I’ve been one of those persons who never goes anywhere without a thermometer, a hot-water bottle, a raincoat, and a parachute.
If I could do it again, I would travel lighter than I have.

If I had to live my life over,
I would start barefoot earlier in the spring
and stay that way later in the fall.
I would go to more dances,
I would ride more merry-go-rounds,
I would pick more daisies.

– Nadine Stair