Mindful Camp -2018 RTR

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MFrancisDwyer

Reaction score
If you have been following the Meditation group thread on here, you already know that I will be hosting a meditation/mindfulness group at this year's RTR.

This area, which will be a good distance back from the main RTR site, will be established with the intention of building a community of nomadic types who are drawn to peace of mind, tranquility, creativity and mindfulness practices.  

All faiths or lack thereof are welcome. We will rotate hosting morning coffee, have a short mindfulness practice at some point each day and we will gather for a mellow conversation around the campfire at night.

This is not a silent area, but we will be observing the normal quiet hours in most RV parks of 10pm to 8am.

If you are interested in being involved in "The Mindful Nomads", PM me for the coordinates to the campsite. I am doing all my errands up in Parker right now, but I plan to arrive at Mindful Camp on Monday.

I will be doing "The Mindful Nomad" YouTube podcast each day from the RTR. Tune in for updates on the daily activities. 

Safe travels and I hope everyone has an enjoyable, relaxing and inspiring time at this year's RTR.

Keep a spot in the meditation hall open for me. I’ll see you next year.
This year, have a great time.

Will do waldenbound. Looking forward to having you join us next time.

I'd like to  check it out M. I'm in Havasu City now, battling mechanical issues. Seems to be working, I'm thinking of stocking up on supplies and heading out Tuesday for Q. I'll try the PM  for location. Thanks!

DLTooley said:
It doesn't look like I will be able to make it this year.

Sorry to hear that DLTooley. As I've said to others who can't make it, we will hold a space for you in spirit.

everett ruess said:
I'd like to  check it out M. I'm in Havasu City now, battling mechanical issues. Seems to be working, I'm thinking of stocking up on supplies and heading out Tuesday for Q. I'll try the PM  for location. Thanks!

I sent you a PM with coordinates. Looking forward to meeting you.

I just arrived at the RTR this evening.  I think I'm camped pretty close to the location you sent me.  Google wasn't showing me my saved locations, so I was going from memory.  Let me know if the location is the same as the one you PM'd me.  I can move to the exact spot tomorrow.  

There are a lot of people here already!

Private message me your coordinates and I'll let you know how close you are.

I am definitely interested.
I prefer my morning routine by myself, but may want to check in with the group for your campfire talk or any afternoon gatherings.
Would love to connect with like minded folks.

I have arrived on site and have found the spot we picked out to already be occupied. I will be attempting to find an empty area, but there are already more people here than I imagined there would be.

I will update this thread when I find a new spot.

I have found a spot that seems like a good fit for Mindful Camp.  Check out the latest episode of The Mindful Nomad for details.

Coordinates, a map and a verbal description of how to get to the site are all included.

For those that have no data or limited data/bandwidth, please include a written description of any video links that you post.  Thanks

VanDwellerMod said:
For those that have no data or limited data/bandwidth, please include a written description of any video links that you post.  Thanks

Coordinates. 33.657975, -114.153356
Follow the red sign labeled "RTR Music" and proceed towards the back of this area.