mattress cooler?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
remember this is an evaporative cooler. it's not going to work in high humidity areas. highdesertranger

yes i'm worried about that but gonna give it a shot.   wondering if any other rvers or vandwellers have tried it.   seems like the perfect application for it.

wow i just got it a few hours ago, plugged it in, filled it with water and it works! i was 100% skeptical but there's zero risk with amazon so why not?

my pup loves it too since he normally sleeps on the hardwood floor since it was cooler. now he's hoggin my mattress ffs. lol.

i was originally considering the bedjet but it was way overpriced at $500. gotta say this was a bargain at $175 and coupled with my solar ac, i'm in vandweller heaven.

forgot to mention that im in a high humidity location. today was 70% and the mattress cooler killed it.

Good to hear about a cooling tool that works in a van setting.

How does this product work?
Do you just add water?
Or is it possible to also add ice in the water? or would that defeat the process of the evaporation cooling method?

Do you know how much energy the fan uses?

check the amazon link for all your answers. basically, it has a fan and lumps cold water through a pad you place under your sheet. no need for ice since it gets really cold.

uses only 8 watts an hour! i almost dont need my air conditioner ! lol

brahmon said:
  gotta say this was a bargain at $175 and coupled with my solar ac, i'm in vandweller heaven.

solar ac......curious.....whats up???

search "jimindenver." i merely copied his setup.

1500w solar
1000ah battery bank
2000w inverter
400w inverter
4 charge controllers
5000btu ac

thx. i just added another 500 watts. more power never hurts

also, id like to retract my positive review on this pos scam. if you notice all the reviews were glowing 5 stars. Mine is the only 1 star.

the thing leaked everwhere and failed after 1 day. also, there is no way to keep it from sliding under the sheet, so after a few minutes of rolling around, the damn thing gets bunched up and winds up on the side ofnthe mattress.

i returned it for a full refund. now i can upgrade to a 10000 btu ac. lol

no worries. i thought scamazon was legit. they deleted my 1 star review!

Ive had Amazon delete my 1 star reviews before. Very valid complaints for expensive items. I take the reviews with many grains of salt now.
Ted

I bought this and let me tell you, I wish I had this years ago.

I have the cooling pad underneath a 1” memory foam mattress topper, and sleep significantly better and easier now that I can remove body heat under the covers instantaneously. To increase heat transfer, I’m going to put this under a quilted mattress cover, minimum thickness without bunching up. I do wish the tubes were at least a foot longer, I plan to extend them with vinyl tubing.

Like most things, this is designed for immovable domicile. Strap this down and make sure it’s no more than 1/3 full, if not drained when you are planning to drive.

Pros:
-well thought out design. Has hair trap for return water, remote control and negative ion generator.
-12v, just make sure you don’t reverse polarity if you splice out the AC adapter.

Cons:
-bunches up under just a top sheet, you are going to need to have at least a 1/4 inch of bedding between the sheet and the pad (fitted quilted mattress cover, thin blanket, very large towel.
-tubes can be too short depending on your layout.

You can’t build your own for less than the regular retail price.

For anyone who has heat flashes, sleeps Better on a cool mattress, or is miserable in the heat - this the one thing that by using it, everything else becomes easier or unnecessary.

it is funny thinking about wanting my bed to have icy cold water running beneath me right now when I am lying here on an electrically heated mattress pad and loving every bit of the warmth in this very chilly space.