GPS Tracker

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camper

Reaction score
Several months ago I bought one of these solar powered GPS trackers and mounted it on top of my cargo trailer. Just set it and forget it... it will send an email and text if it happens to go for a ride without you. Now, I want to order one to put on my truck also.

$10 a month is pretty cheap insurance in case it gets stolen.

GPS Tracker

Great idea until the thief finds, and quickly rips it loose from the vehicle.

An unseen Apple tracker would be more stealth.

Most new manufacturers have technology that can track and shut down a reported stolen vehicle.

I have apple tags on my cats and wallet. I can track my phone from my wife’s phone. Cars ~~~. Apple tag $25 each in a 4 pack.

Cheap peace of mind. The last time I lost my wallet was 4 days to see it in plain sight. When it can beep at you or give you walking directions. I’m all for it.

He will need a long ladder and a special tool to remove mine, if he finds it. This is a cellular tracker.... not a bluetooth.

Last edited:
I get my tracker for free for the next 46 months courtesy of the finance company.

Too much in my opinion. But it's a crazy market, and when a big doe took out my Ford Focus, I decided it was time to get serious about ditching the rental house and bought a minivan. All things happen for a reason.