Marijuana Votes

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sameer: "On the local news today Arizona officials are already talking about beefing up law enforcement on the Arizona border with California and Nevada."

That's called 'income'.

I will ask a dumb question.. Reading about specific strains and how they helped Sternwake with his back, is there a large 'Buzz' with the different types? I avoid the opiates because I hate the way they make me feel, pain or not. How anyone could become addicted them is beyond me.. I don't want to smoke something that is going to addle my brain more than it already is.

Rob

Yes, it seems the more 'medical' strains also have a big buzz attached, and the corresponding short term memory loss/ Easily distracted factors are definitely involved.

It might make some paranoid or hyper aware or Anxoius. Hard to say how it will affect any specific indvidual. Different dtrains have different effects. Some cause a lot of Munchies, others not so much.

If I had to pick one vice, MJ smoking or alcohol, MJ wins easily.
No hangover.

It does not help me to sleep though.

The lethargic weakening daze of Opiates are something I very much dislike. When I have abused pain killers, coming off of them was like coming out of a cloud, when looking back on it with a clear head.

I had an acute Episode of back pain earlier this year and my buddy gave me a bottle of tramadol. They did little but help time to pass, and give me withdrawl symptoms when they ran out.

it took some potent cannabis, a heating pad and proper massage to allow my back to unlock, allow me to move normally and return to function.

I do not view the cannabis itself as the pain killer, I view it as the aide which allowed me to isolate the problem muscle and massage it out. It requires some maintenance and doing it this the cannabis is mostly useless, but with it, I can get those several Kricks, to crack, and from there I can function without pain.

So for me perhaps it is more akin to a muscle relaxer as opposed to a pain blocking analgesic.

And i also enjoy the buzz as long as I am not trying to to things that require math, or find something I misplaced.

Gunny said:
I will ask a dumb question.. Reading about specific strains and how they helped Sternwake with his back, is there a large 'Buzz' with the different types? I avoid the opiates because I hate the way they make me feel, pain or not. How anyone could become addicted them is beyond me.. I don't want to smoke something that is going to addle my brain more than it already is.

Rob

If you were to go to a dispensary, the people there could advise you toward a strain that has very little "buzz" to it, but good pain control. The higher the THC the more buzz, the less pain control, and the less sleep aid as SternWake mentioned. The more ***, the less buzz and the more pain control. High THC strains are better for depression and that sort of thing.

The high *** strains give what I call a body high. They make me feel very mellow, but not "high." Since I mostly use it for depression, I tend to stick with the high THC strains. It might be worth heading to Colorado to see what a good bud tender would suggest.

You can purchase *** capsules that do not contain THC. Some people find *** excellent for pain relief and other ailments. You can also purchase these capsules with high medium and low quantities of THC. If you read about CBDs and study them you will find that many people use them not just for pain relief but for depression and in creams it can be used to treat ailments of the skin. It would be good to research these things as many studies are currently underway.
Many people that use cannabis find pain relief for arthritic conditions, and I am one of them. I am no longer virtually crippled from osteoarthritis.
I was very disappointed that my state...Arizona... did not legalize recreational Cannabis as it would have provided millions of dollars for our schools. It was big Pharma and the alcohol industry that defeated the measure at a rate of $15 to every dollar contributed by the yes side. The pharmaceutical group that contributed the most money is the manufacturer of the deadly drug called Fentanyl. Also huge contributions from Big O Tire and other groups outside of our state, to defeat the measure. I think that it is unconscionable that big Pharma is instrumental in defeating these types of measures around the country. Cannabis is Nature's Miracle medicine. Rather than debate the value of cannabis as a medicine I think we need to look at big pharma's opposition.

You can do a lot of research online 

https://www.coloradopotguide.com/where-to-buy-marijuana/colorado/denver/

There are strains that have the effects you are looking for only.  Perhaps in my lifetime it will be reclassified federally, and the accredited labs can run comprehensive studies.

Now the only thing to do is to call around, and ask if there is someone knowledgeable about different blends.  (Bud tender) 

I am on opioid pain killers, they were not necessary when I had access to Good Medicine #1 hybrid.  Alas, I am in a red state, that threw out 90% of the names on the petition to get medical mj on the ballot.  There are strong pharmaceutical,  tobacco and alcohol lobbies here.  :(

Texas, where I live , will be one of the last , if not THE last, states to legalize pot. I am going to make a short run up to Denver and give it a try. Thanks for all the advice..

Rob

interesting, i never knew you could get the pain relief without the high, and i hate the high you get off weed
I hate even more the 'munchies' you get off it
First (amd last) time I got good and stoned I literally ate so much when i came down I threw up just from being overfull

GotSmart said:
You can do a lot of research online 

https://www.coloradopotguide.com/where-to-buy-marijuana/colorado/denver/

There are strains that have the effects you are looking for only.  Perhaps in my lifetime it will be reclassified federally, and the accredited labs can run comprehensive studies.

Now the only thing to do is to call around, and ask if there is someone knowledgeable about different blends.  (Bud tender) 

I am on opioid pain killers, they were not necessary when I had access to Good Medicine #1 hybrid.  Alas, I am in a red state, that threw out 90% of the names on the petition to get medical mj on the ballot.  There are strong pharmaceutical,  tobacco and alcohol lobbies here.  :(

This has nothing to do with red or blue.
What we should look at is who is opposing the will of the people. Across the Nation big Pharma is advertising on television at the rate of 800 advertisements an hour for their pharmaceutical products for illnesses that are real or imagined. The opposition by the liquor and tobacco industry is very real. I am, like many Arizonans, a political conservative. Many of our conservative politicians supported the measure on cannabis.
The measure was defeated by out-of-state interests. It had nothing to do with red or blue.

yea gunny,you can get gel caps and topical oils that have no high just need to find people on the medical side of things

Sameer said:
This has nothing to do with red or blue.
What we should look at is who is opposing the will of the people.  Across the Nation big Pharma is advertising on television at the rate of 800 advertisements an hour for their pharmaceutical products for illnesses that are real or imagined.  The opposition by the liquor and tobacco industry is very real.  I am, like many Arizonans, a political conservative.  Many of our conservative politicians supported the measure on cannabis.
The measure was defeated by out-of-state interests.  It had nothing to do with red or blue.

http://www.fool.com/investing/2016/10/08/14-states-that-may-never-legalize-marijuana.aspx

"Politics could keep these states pot-free
[font=Monserrat,]The first reason is political. Generally speaking, states that lean toward the Democratic Party tend to be more likely to approve medical marijuana laws. The Democratic Party platform is usually more progressive, leading to more of a willingness of lawmakers in blue states to put forth medical and recreational cannabis ballot measures.[/font]
[font=Monserrat,]Conversely, the Republican Party tends to take a more conservative approach to the legalization of marijuana, meaning they're more likely to side with the federal government's stance of the drug being illegal. This isn't to say that red states don't legalize marijuana at all; but there tends to be a pretty clear dichotomy between legal states (which are mostly blue) and non-legal states (which are mostly red)."[/font]

[font=Monserrat,]I am not making a political statement by any means.  I am just showing something that really makes sense to me from my study of the American citizen  [/font]

I have tried the ***'s, I tend to get a buzz off of them even if it's not as intense as what I usually use.

One of the most important things to keep in mind is the difference between "recreational use" and "medical use". This can mean the difference between a law being passed or not in many states. Especially the Conservative states.

If you do find yourself in one of the states with recreational stores up and running I'd highly recommend stopping by to see one even if you don't plan on buying anything. Go in on a weekday afternoon when they probably aren't busy and talk to a salesperson. You'll never find a more enthusiastic and knowledgeable customer service worker! They're quite passionate about their work and can give you the lowdown on what strains have what properties.

That enthusiasm may pass in a few years when big business takes over and we're all just buying cases of Bud Light Sativa.

Thanks Reducto, that's what I hope to do. I watched several documentaries about how they grow the strains for certain things. It won't hurt too try.

Rob

GotSmart said:
http://www.fool.com/investing/2016/10/08/14-states-that-may-never-legalize-marijuana.aspx

"Politics could keep these states pot-free
[font=Monserrat,]The first reason is political. Generally speaking, states that lean toward the Democratic Party tend to be more likely to approve medical marijuana laws. The Democratic Party platform is usually more progressive, leading to more of a willingness of lawmakers in blue states to put forth medical and recreational cannabis ballot measures.[/font]
[font=Monserrat,]Conversely, the Republican Party tends to take a more conservative approach to the legalization of marijuana, meaning they're more likely to side with the federal government's stance of the drug being illegal. This isn't to say that red states don't legalize marijuana at all; but there tends to be a pretty clear dichotomy between legal states (which are mostly blue) and non-legal states (which are mostly red)."[/font]

[font=Monserrat,]I am not making a political statement by any means.  I am just showing something that really makes sense to me from my study of the American citizen  [/font]

Well, your study is absolutely wrong. Stereotyping people by political persuasion, religion ( something I have experienced), or any other reason is wrong.... the measure was defeated by outside money and big Pharma, the liquor industry, and big tobacco. Who would give Credence to a website called fool.com. many many people of my political persuasion use cannabis and wanted to see it legalized in the great state of Arizona so that we could have money for our schools. The article you quoted is biased.

please, please no more red state blue state stuff. let this die right now. highdesertranger

highdesertranger said:
please,  please no more red state blue state stuff.  let this die right now.  highdesertranger

I am not trying to get political.  

Motley fool is a investment site, that in my opinion, is non political.  They have been releasing studies on medical and recreational MJ for years. So far they have beaten the investment market by being well informed on trends in the world..  The name comes from a Shakespeare play, AS YOU LIKE IT.  The company is 22 years old.  

I see a trend happening of a relaxation of federal expenses toward enforcement of these laws.  Perhaps the reclassification from Schedule 1 to a Schedule 2, which would open the doors for big pharma to start medical testing.  Marijuana is not just for hippies, it is found in every walk of life.  Even my red neck brother.   :cool:

I'm in Mass where it was already approved for medicinal use and  there are doctors who hand out cards just for the $100 office visit.  My town made it so restrictive to open a dispensary (distance from schools, churches, etc) that there isn't any area that qualifies. Plus, it's like 400,000 for the license. The new legalization (it was also decriminalized a while back, with just a fine for open air use) allows you to grow up to 6 plants.

The only time I buy any is during times of a lot of stress (like now) when I simply can't sleep and my stomach acid is horrendous. Weed solves both those problems, so I get 1/4oz.

I think, though that even when it becomes generally available, I will still buy from home growers - and there are many, many around here (even before any legalization) simply because some of the people and corporations who will be cashing in are the same people who, just a couple of years ago were railing against it until they saw the profit.  So, I'd rather help the small guy put food on HIS table - even though my purchases wouldn't buy many groceries - it's the principal. A police officer I knew sent his wife to California years ago to learn how to grow and said that the minute it became legal he'd be turning in his badge. I wonder if he did.

No matter if you use MJ for medical reason, or "recreationally", the Federal Government still outlaws it.
One major aspect of this is in buying a gun through normal market channels. The BATFE has made a new ruling, requiring FFL dealers to change to a new Form 4473 by 16 Jan, 2017. This new form clarifies the Federal position of their laws regarding MJ not being superceded by any new state or municipal laws.
So if you try buy a gun now, you either cannot legally do so and will be refused if you answer "YES" to the MJ use question, or you lie on the form, also illegal (and hope they never find out you lied). Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
Stay safe out there, kids.

Latest posts