Make America Great

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People who want "no regulation" should look at China, where there is ... well.... no regulation.

There is an old saying I try to always remember: "Never take a fence down unless you know why it was put up".

We have anti-pollution regulations for a reason........................

ZoNiE said:
The OP's idea could make for a good "make-work" program akin to the projects during the Roosevelt Years. Feds hire unemployed people, pay them a fair wage, feed them lunch, transport them to and from the worksite daily.

We'd get this bitch cleaned up pretty quickly...

We could use a similar program to repair and upgrade all of our crumbling neglected infrastructure.

lenny flank said:
We could use a similar program to repair and upgrade all of our crumbling neglected infrastructure.

Yep, there's that too.

Ask a government for help, you'll be sorry. The idea that one person knows what is best for another's property, not likely. Your trash may be my art.

AltTransBikes said:
Long time brother, how's it? Funny, just mentioned you the other day in a phone convo with the OP.

ATB, still stirrin the pot, livin the dream, you?

"People who want "no regulation" should look at China, where there is ... well.... no regulation."

Yes, there is. They have the regulation the leaders want. Just like every other country, including this one. Control and Profit is the name of the game, generally or personally. The only difference is the specifics.

We are now discussing conservative versus liberal policies which are politics. Let's step away very quickly and carefully.

I have 33 acres of land. On it, I have a designated scrap pile. Not a week goes by that I'm not out there scrounging around for some part that I have there for myself or my neighbors. Example... last week, lightning took out the control electronics on my dryer. $94 dollars for the part, but, guess what, out on the scrap pile I have another dryer. (burned motor) Just like that, I'm back in business with my dryer and $94 dollars is still in my pocket. I also have all kinds of scrap metal laying around. Can't tell you how many times I've needed a piece of metal to repair the tractor or fabricate a part. I'm all for trash cleanup, but, not everything that someone else see's as an eyesore really is.

True confession: The house next door to me is for sale. I have made my yard and house look as terrible as possible including some well placed trash in the yard (if the city complains, it is art) because I dont want anyone who feels entitled to dictate aesthetics to their neighbors to buy that house.

Jeezzzzz. I sure wouldn't want to live next door to you. What an eyesore. Hard to believe you'd go to all that trouble to make yourself look bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had horrible experiences with neighbors in the past about things like lawn maintenance. I prefer a more natural look and at one point (with a neighbor who has moved) it escalated to the point where I had to have a lawyer write a letter to the city regarding the definition of the word "weed". I just dont want a neighbor who is uptight about how *my* house looks. Once someone moves in, I'll clean up the trash but wont be mowing the backyard. I really dont need to get into another fight with someone about my backyard so hopefully this will keep that kind of person from buying the house next door.

Squattingdog: " I'm all for trash cleanup, but, not everything that someone else see's as an eyesore really is."

And then there's my brother... he likes to spend money, and he likes to collect trash. He buys stuff at thrift shops, puts it in the yard, and lets it rot. He rarely uses anything (or even parts) from his garbage, because he can always go out and buy what he needs. He junks up every single place he has ever lived, even if it was someone else's home. Last December, he and his girlfriend (she lived on 1.5 acres) abandoned her place due to foreclosure. The place is an absolute DUMP.

HE is the type of people that most here complain about.