Mail in SF area

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John_Camping

Reaction score
Does anyone know mail receiver and/or forwarder options in the SF area? Right now I'm particularly interested in a way to receive Fedex/UPS packages, but any options would be helpful to know about.

There are at least three UPS stores in San Francisco, according to their store locator . . .

Regards
John

I'm sure there's other choices but here's a company I use.

https://www.kinek.com/find-a-kinekp...Fransisco&province=California&cityRadius=10.0

Not used the one in S/F but I use their border shipping services regularly.

Actually if it's UPS or Fed EX parcels, parcels can be shipped to their depots and held for pick up. No need to find a shipping address.

When travelling I use my WalMart Rand McNally to get the Zip Code for the closest W/M and then use the UPS website to locate their closest depot.

Following up on UPS, I will only use them as a last resort in the future. They charged $5 a day to hold(I dodged that one but still created a mess.) and $5 per package to pick up.

Wow, both of those charges are new - they sure weren't doing that when I used them.

Kinekpoint looks even better now - you know you're paying $5.00 a package for them to receive it and hold it for you. They'll hold it for up to 30 days. The only time you pay more is if it's over a 100 lbs or something!

If you are ordering from Amazon, they have a new "locker" service, where they put the package in a locker you can come pick up from, they have lockers in the SF Bay Area.

USPS will let you do General Delivery, but it only works for USPS packages, not Fedex or UPS.

If you just need a California address for DMV and stuff, I'd recommend http://www.virtualpostmail.com. They are pretty cheap and work well, tho the address is in the LA area. They will receive and forward fedex/ups and USPS for you.

I also agree with everything above, but I have no experience with Kinek.

I'm sure there are numerous mom-pop mail packaging places all over SF. They are usually cheaper and give better service than UPS Stores. All middle size and most small towns I've been too have them. You can either rent a box or just pay per package.
Bob

John_Camping said:
Following up on UPS, I will only use them as a last resort in the future. They charged $5 a day to hold(I dodged that one but still created a mess.) and $5 per package to pick up.
$5 a package seems kind of steep , I wouldn't mind paying $5 for say if they were holding a set of tires or something else big but half of my packages are no bigger then my hand , alot are the size of a shoebox  and I order a lot of stuff , it would add up quickly.

John_Camping said:
Does anyone know mail receiver and/or forwarder options in the SF area? Right now I'm particularly interested in a way to receive Fedex/UPS packages, but any options would be helpful to know about.

Now that's it has been a couple of years since you posted this question, what did you figured out as your best option on receiving &/or mail forwarder in SF area?