Magnetic Spice Jars: Do They Stay Put?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoingMobile

Reaction score
I've been trying out recipes and find I'm starting to accumulate many spices in order to follow the recipes as is. I'm thinking about ways I can carry the spices in the van and came across some spice containers that will magnetically affix to a metal surface. It just so happens I used a sheet of stainless steel as a backsplash above my counter, so this seems like a thing I could do and save space for other things in the drawers and cabinets.

I'm wondering if someone here is using these magnetic spice containers and how well they stay in place on a bumpy road or if you have to hit the brakes hard?

I have tried a few things, but not yet magnetic stuff. I am also worried about things falling off when we hit a bump. I would like to know too.

It depends on how strong a magnet they use on the jars.
And how magnetic the SS you used is (varies a lot depending on type).
If you can return best to try them.

Well, I own some, but they are on the frig not in the van. They have seriously strong magnets. My best guess is that they would hold but likely vibrate down. So if they rest against a counter or something they should work.

I’ve had these for a while. Never had a problem..

Attachments

• 8C354075-F290-40BD-B137-E73D3008D4D4.jpeg
    8C354075-F290-40BD-B137-E73D3008D4D4.jpeg
    281.5 KB · Views: 6
I've been trying out recipes and find I'm starting to accumulate many spices in order to follow the recipes as is. I'm thinking about ways I can carry the spices in the van and came across some spice containers that will magnetically affix to a metal surface. It just so happens I used a sheet of stainless steel as a backsplash above my counter, so this seems like a thing I could do and save space for other things in the drawers and cabinets.

I'm wondering if someone here is using these magnetic spice containers and how well they stay in place on a bumpy road or if you have to hit the brakes hard?
Get tins with screw.on tops. I found some on ETSY for crafters.

Latest posts