Lust

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Txjaybird said:
:) Since I like golden oldies....

Me too. Old's cool!

mwink.gif

Being as I like murdercicles, here's a couple old bobbers that I love.

Beemer boxer. Makes a lovely airplane noise through the mountains.
e66d3bab71c08ab0d72f79998840fc7e.jpg

Yama XS650....grunt.
yamaha-xs650-bobber.jpg

And, well, just because.
1757d0393f40dd607e2871a1f15e16db.jpg

Putts said:
Google says "1963 Chevrolet Step Van".  This one's a little older, says '54, but in really nice shape.

yep.50's through 60's aluminium and there are camper versions but you would pretty much have to do a body swap from a modern truck unless you like straight axles and 4 wheel drums and that's just more then i could handle so 70's chinook is what i got
https://vanlivingforum.com/Thread-The-Fat-Van

My best friend Paul has a stock SX650. The license plate reads, "UJM."

I just put this in another post.  But I have ambitions! 
Ted

Attachments

• 1489776348026-798097351_2_2_2.jpg
    1489776348026-798097351_2_2_2.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 19
WalkaboutTed said:
....I have ambitions!.....

....beeep...booop...beebeeep....dot....dash.....

"Yup, I'm connected. You can run the blender for margaritas now dear; got the dog show going on the TV in back; Imma check in with the HAM dudes for a few minutes; make two and I'll meet you in bed shortly."

That works.

Putts said:
My best friend Paul has a stock SX650. The license plate reads, "UJM."

I had an XS1100, the early, UJM style, wickedly fast (for it's age) wickedly comfy, and torque for days
Wish I still had it, but you know bikes gotta be rotated now and then

ArtW said:
I had an XS1100, the early, UJM style, wickedly fast (for it's age) wickedly comfy, and torque for days
Wish I still had it, but you know bikes gotta be rotated now and then
My friend had an XS1100, I had the Skunk. GS1000E Suzuki.

WalkaboutTed said:
I just put this in another post.  But I have ambitions! 
Ted

Have you checked out Pandamonium's videos/rig on YouTube?  Her camper has/had a solar setup very similar to that ...

Some things you never get over.   :heart:

My first muscle car.  I sold mine to keep my first wife from totaling it.

Attachments

• 67 rs ss.jpg
    67 rs ss.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 6
always wanted a 70's celica
HPIM0295.jpg

and a volvo amazon
$_3.JPG

GotSmart said:
My first muscle car.  I sold mine to keep my first wife from totaling it.

Hah! My ex got my 340 Cuda in the divorce. It had a custom Light Blueish Silver Metallic paint job we did at my brothers shop. She "did" total it.
It was only one of many Muscle Cars I had in a world long ago. :(
Gary, we used to call those early Celica's a poor mans Mach 1.

Gary68 said:
always wanted a 70's celica
HPIM0295.jpg

and a volvo amazon
$_3.JPG

Hey,  How come your Toyota looks a little like a mustang?  Just asking

TJB

Txjaybird said:
Hey,  How come your Toyota looks a little like a mustang?  Just asking

TJB

The early Celica liftbacks really did look like Mustangs, especially with those taillights. 1973-75, I think.

I had an '84 GT-S ($300) and an '85 GT ($260), both liftbacks. The last of the rear wheel drive Celicas. Those were really comfortable cars, handled well, and were easy to work on. They had the venerable Toyota 22RE 4 bangers so were cheap to repair. Wish I still had one of them. Slow cars that were fun to drive fast.

Ballenxj said:
Hah! My ex got my 340 Cuda in the divorce. It had a custom Light Blueish Silver Metallic paint job we did at my brothers shop. She "did" total it.

I had a CHP neighbor with a factory Pink Cuda.  (Never laugh at a pink Barracuda) 

440 6 pack.  :heart:

GotSmart said:
I had a CHP neighbor with a factory Pink Cuda.  (Never laugh at a pink Barracuda) 

440 6 pack.  :heart:

Unless you're driving an Olds 442 w30. That was my experience. :p

gsfish said:
Chick magnet! Saw this parked at a restaurant up the street. $163K-$191K!! Audi R8. V1- engine, 40 valve.Wonder why he parked so far away from the other cars?

https://www.audiusa.com/models/audi-r8

We have a customer with one of these, he's a complete duche bag! Pompass A$$ and thinks that he needs to park it special like in non designated "safe" parking spots! 

If you're afraid of a parking lot scratch or dent, you really can't afford the car, just the payments! 

Not impressed at all.......

Dave

Gary68 said:
and a volvo amazon
$_3.JPG
I worked at a garage in the 70's.  We had a customer with a 1961 122s with 750,000 miles.  She commuted 200 miles a day from the Napa Valley to
 U C Berkley.  The first Saturday of every month she had a standing appointment for an oil change and service.