Lurker from Pa

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Not That Bob

Reaction score
Same story as most, been lurking here for years.
About me, I am a self taught, jack of all trades, out of the box kinda guy.
Growing up in the country on a horse farm you learn as you go.
We lived near a State Park so I did a a lot of camping,fishing etc.. 
Being lucky enough to marry a women who likes to camp was a bonus.
Early in our dating,my wife had to have an operation and was told she would not be able to have kids.
We have 3 lovely girls!! Go figure.
They are all in various stages of college now and want to be able to visit them on a budget.
My plan is to build a all around vehicle that be a driven daily, tow a car and camp in.  
The present rig is a 88 S10 short bed 4x4 with a overland tent on  it.
The new project/rig is a 85 S10 extended cab 4x4 with a 350 in it. 
The long range plan is to find a Chinook style camper with a rusted out chassis and put it on the S10 chassis.
If anyone runs across one , let me know.
Anyway wanted to say hi, so "hi".

Bob

Attachments

• s10 tent 1.jpg
    s10 tent 1.jpg
    793.7 KB · Views: 10
Welcome to the CRVL forums Not That Bob :-D ! Sounds like a very interesting project. Please keep us updated with photos as you progress with your build!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Hi Welcome from out behind the curtains,
Funny, My cousin married a girl who had an operation and was told she'd never have kids again....my cousin had one and she had one from a previous marriage so they were both content. They had a daughter two years ago. They are now a bit more careful!

Cool rig, looks like it certainly gets the job done.

Welcome out of the shadows Not That !
What took you so long , are we that scary ?
Skuh kuh kuh kuh kuh