Lump of coal....

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What part of north Florida are you in? I'm in NW Florida about 13 miles above Bonifay.

Nice platform to work with. Can't beat the price for what you have there.  

I looked at a fiberglass trailer in Chipley the other day but it was really old and run down and he still wanted 1200 dollars. As I had a Love Bug back in the 70's, also a fiberglass trailer, same layout as this one I was interested. I might go $400-500.

Nice before video. You have your work cut out for you.

Been a rainy year here in North Florida. I have been to Goose Pasture too. Nice place. I am on the west side of Leon County (Tallahassee). Several of us Floridians here on the board! :)

Yup, I'm in Tallahassee but just took the kids to Falling Waters SP for a couple of days. I am not planning anything close to a restoration on the damper but hopefully it won't be too hard to get it in serviceable condition for the kids to go camping.

Listen.. that little turquoise stove -- Man... I've drooled over lots of those 'Glamper" trailers and you could easily pay yourself back just selling that! I'd even be temped to try and talk you out of it myself.
Enjoy your rehab project! Can't wait to see it when you're done.

10-4 on that stove. restorers will pay good money for that. even for household ones, they are in demand. highdesertranger

Rugster, did your power drop out last night? Most of the town lost power after the storm. Had to go to my elderly Mom's place to comfort her. Some battery powered camping gear kept us with enough light and a little fan cooling. Her landline phone was dead (uses AC power) but my cell phone worked fine. A good test of some basic off-grid equipment.

LeeRevell said:
Rugster, did your power drop out last night?  Most of the town lost power after the storm.  Had to go to my elderly Mom's place to comfort her.  Some battery powered camping gear kept us with enough light and a little fan cooling.  Her landline phone was dead (uses AC power) but my cell phone worked fine.  A good test of some basic off-grid equipment.

Lee, get your mom an old fashioned corded phone for emergency use.

I keep one plugged in beside mom's bed in her apartment so that when the power goes out she still has a phone that can be used. They're cheap insurance against the panic that the elderly feel when they know they don't have a telephone.

Lee, we lost power for about two hours. We were just a bit NE of a lot of the damage everyone is talking about. I was driving the van when the storm hit and the wind was blowing from all sides and the van was shuddering a bit with the high roof. Easy enough to slow down, though, and hope people behind me were paying attention. Capital Circle NE is a pain :)