Lower Trim Panels?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hitekhomeless

Reaction score
I'm really hoping to find a set of trim panels for the new van rather than building them from luan. I've found them new for $250 each and we'd need 3 different panels... yowch.<br /><br />My other thought is to find a passenger/conversion van that was totalled in the junkyard. It'll take some time, but eventually one will pop up and the panels will be cheap.<br /><br />I'm NOT interested in buying someone else's cheap passenger / conversion, ripping out the parts I want and selling it as a 'cargo' van... even if I think we could make money by doing so. Just too much hassle buying and selling.<br /><br />Any other good sources I'm missing? Anybody parting out a standard wheelbase express/savana passenger/conversion van? Any 'must visit' pick and pull's in southern CA and AZ?

Jen remind me, I have figured out a solution for the hydrolic arms and bug screens for the flying nun... Cheap and easy...<br /><br />As for what you are asking about "lower trim panels"... A lil confused on what your talking about...??? are you talking about the dented rocker panel, or ground effect type steps or am i just stupid and cant figure things out... LOL<br /><br />Come on over tonight and we will chat as the dogs kick up allot of dust...

Right, Bob. I *think* these panels are universal (other than standard / extended). Can't seem to find anything but cargo's available as donors in Fresno. I wonder how many cargo vans come w/ some kind of kick plate installed there.<br /><br />Steve, got your note kind of late. Is this the kind of thing we need a model for? If so, I'll drag Jenn up before she gets out of bed and we'll see if I survive the trip.

Lol enjoyed the visit this morning... Jen didnt seem to be ready for the day and then she has her head in the engine compartment... LOL... Look for the PM I sent ya here with a picture of a bed set-up that is along the lines of your idea...<br /><br />
hitekhomeless said:
Right, Bob. I *think* these panels are universal (other than standard / extended). Can't seem to find anything but cargo's available as donors in Fresno. I wonder how many cargo vans come w/ some kind of kick plate installed there.<br /><br />Steve, got your note kind of late. Is this the kind of thing we need a model for? If so, I'll drag Jenn up before she gets out of bed and we'll see if I survive the trip.

Saw the pic... considering rhino lining ours. Wonder how long that'll stink for.<br /><br />Got a little work done today, now the van is more or less unusable except as a workshop for herself. <br /><br />I have a feeling I'm going to be paying high prices at Ace a few more times before we get out of here. It's just too far to Fresno and I forget too many bits.

Cool beans John...As far as forgetting things this may help... "transfer the list from the door to a piece of paper"... LOL doors can be heavy and a bit unyielding as you carry them through the isles of a store... Just sayin'...