Lost housing, solar cargo van feedback pls

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gary68 said:
bummer,the good deals go fast,when i got my rig i call 1 hour after he posted it and was there soon after and there was people waiting after me

she was a real kind lady too. i wrote to her as soon as i saw it and told i'm losing my housing and that's why i wanted it. she got a huge response, sold it, saw my message later and wrote me the kindest response last night. the early worm caught thet bird.

gsfish said:
I'm always wary of the too good to be true listings but sometimes they ARE true. Still, selling the two year old $7K investment for $2K seems pretty extreme.

I've had calls on my CL listings within ten minutes of posting and have called on some that quick myself. A friend was looking for a bus and was telling me about one she saw on CL that seemed to be just what she and her fella' were looking for. It was Thursday and she said that they were going to look at it on Sunday. I said something like WHATTT!!! HA!

Guy

You gotta jump on it if it's good on CL. I looked for 2 yrs before I found my minivan. Luck was with me when I saw it minutes after it posted. I'm particular about the person I buy from. The Lear Jet mechanic selling the minivan was the right guy. Spent half an hour on the phone with him. He had a sense of humor and displayed the patience of a saint. Drove out and spent 2 hours talking to him at his rural location. His phone was ringing off the hook but he didn't care. My buddy and I enjoyed hanging out in his 3 car garage/auto shop, talking about everything under the sun.

Asked him if he wanted a deposit. Nope, it would be waiting there for me in the PM, after the heat of the day. Incredibly relaxed guy. The next day he got a high level service award from the aviation industry. It's important to me who I buy the vehicle from. I'm funny that way.

The lady with the van was the right person too. She wrote an intelligent description, had original docs, and posted photos of the solar equipment, exterior, and cost of all. Happy trails to the person who got it!

There are phone apps that will tell you when things your are interested in is listed.

jimindenver said:
There are phone apps that will tell you when things your are interested in is listed.
When I get a Smart Phone that will be helpful. For now I think I can get notifications by email.