Looking for travel partner to travel America for a year

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agapetile

Reaction score
Hello, is there anyone out there in their 50's, 60's, 70's who wants to go RVing America for perhaps a year. Must be in good physical shape. I am. Not claustrophobic as the rv is only 8 feet wide, but luxurious. I have puppies. Right now, I have three, but one is very old and hanging on for a while. Do you like drawing or painting? The outdoors? Anyone mechanically savvy would be great. Someone not afraid of boondocking. Must be intelligent. No drama. Level headed. Up beat.

It would be useful to post more about your space such as the sleeping arrangements. Where you want to travel. The types of places you plan on camping at. Are you going to be covering the cost of expenses or are they shared? Etc.

I second the idea of finding a caravan - or a series of them. Might I ask why you specifically want to share a tiny living space with a total stranger rather than find a group to travel with?

I second the idea of finding a caravan - or a series of them. Might I ask why you specifically want to share a tiny living space with a total stranger rather than find a group to travel with?
That is a very good idea. How do you find a caravan?

That is a very good idea. How do you find a caravan?
Um - how about here? https://vanlivingforum.com/forums/gatherings-formal-and-informal.15/

There are also a number of Facebook groups about traveling together. If you are female, look up Road Trip Her. The Lit Cactus is a FB group that winters in Quartzsite and then appears to travel (very loosely) together.

It is highly unlikely that you will find a group of folks who will travel with you for a full year. Most of us already have an annual "round". And most of us don't really nail down specific dates that far ahead. Also, a fairly high percentage of us are independent introverts who love the idea that we might wake up some morning and decide to decamp for, say, Indiana, just for the heck of it, and take off that same day. But it is very likely that you could find individuals and groups to hopscotch around with. Don't overthink this. Just meet some folks, which is very easy to do.

You could also try a virtual caravan right now. https://homesonwheelsalliance.org/2020/08/22/join-a-virtual-caravan/ There are usually a couple of them happening at any given time.

Last edited:
Summer is the time when most Nomads go their own way..................BUT there is a Rare Summer Caravan this year

We've hooked up with Hannah's Caravan by Tim Conley................Hannah is the bus he received from HOWA...........the event is on FaceBook as CARAVAN PIONEERS........Paulette met Tim in the HOWA caravans when she was still in her car !

There are 10-12 vehicles of all types traveling around OREGON for the summer.........Nevada in the Fall.........Back to Quartzsite for the Winter.........the group decides where and when..............It's All-about-the-PEOPLE !!!!!!

Hi Jacque !

Summer is the time when most Nomads go their own way..................BUT there is a Rare Summer Caravan this year

We've hooked up with Hannah's Caravan by Tim Conley................Hannah is the bus he received from HOWA...........the event is on FaceBook as CARAVAN PIONEERS........Paulette met Tim in the HOWA caravans when she was still in her car !

There are 10-12 vehicles of all types traveling around OREGON for the summer.........Nevada in the Fall.........Back to Quartzsite for the Winter.........the group decides where and when..............It's All-about-the-PEOPLE !!!!!!

Hi Jacque !
Hi Doug! Now back in Washington for a while, will catch up with you hopefully next month.