Looking for someone to help me with an RV build

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Belchfire

Reaction score
I am looking for someone that knows how to do conversions in the San Francisco Bay Area
Not a shop but an individual
Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Could you be more specific?
Are you looking for someone with whom you can consult?
Someone to help with the renovation/conversion?
Someone to actually do the renovation/conversion?

As you may know I am in San Francisco proper, and yes a little clarity would be helpful. I have only done a modular build with the sleeping birth and solar the only exception, everything else was moveable and removable

Someone to help with the renovation

Beltchfire Man of few words! it doesn't cost anything to type a bit more lol just kidding, cummon, spill the beans what is it you really really need to happen.

Ok I need someone with experience that knows how to install insulation and solar and flooring and vents and a foldable bed I want to be involved in the build so I can do repairs

Many youtube videos show you how. I like the presentation that this person gives. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFIGeLH3rprJblgWb9u9DQ. The tools needed don't cost that much, and you don't need power tools. For centuries people built with hand tools.

Sometimes people feel that the job should cost less because they are helping. For many craftsmen their view is the opposite. Not only do they have to do the work, but also teach you and correct any mistakes.

Then there is the issue of liability. If you use a power saw and get hurt, the person letting you use the saw might be liable.

I would be happy to have him do the things I can't and he could instruct me on easier stuff I could do them myself

I used to charge $50 an hour and $75 if they wanted to help. Most decided to just let me do it , the job always went faster too.

In a month or two, I'll likely be looking for a Guru too.... in the Portland OR area. More later.

JJPDX what kind of a van are you looking to convert I know somwonen in Washington that does nice work I was looking for someone closer to home