Looking for someone to foster a cat for a few days in NYC

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K1ngN0thing said:
Sure, but it makes it less likely. This cat's obviously not adapted to life in the "wild" streets, so it's not feral.

That isn't true at all. My girlie wasn't even a year old when we found her. For 6 months no one could go near her but me. If you moved too quick she ran, you had to wait for her to come to you. When she had kittens she got a bit better.

It's been a year and a half and she's just now climbing into bed with my mom and sister and showing them affection. You still can't walk and pick her up and she will still run. Constantly. But if I'm holding her others can come close. It used to be she would claw and scream and bite her way out of my arms and hide.

We have had her longer than she was a street cat and she is still semi feral. She's a house cat when she feels like it.

She's an absolute sweetheart and with me is a total love bug.

But you cant always take the feral out of the cat, and people lie all the time.

I do hope it ends up working out for you and not being a scam.

If it does turn out to be a scam there are lots of cats looking for homes in lots of shelters! And lots of shelters do discount days where cat adoption fees can get as low as $25 or even $10.

And unpopular opinion right here be warned: if you can't afford a $25 adoption fee you can't afford a cat.

Adoption fees for dogs were I live are around $200 and cats are $75+

So to me $25 is extremely cheap.

Also my best friend got her purebred abyssinian for 10 bucks off craigslist. He wandered in some guys yard as a kitten and he was trying to find him a home. That cat is now bigger than most small dogs. He's huge!

Anyways good luck.