Looking for a Remote Chat Support job

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CosmickGold

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've seen several videos in which the nomad mentions making money by providing live chat support from inside their van. Can anyone point me in the right direction to find the best sites for signing up?

Employment agencies. The most important part about remote customer service positions of any kind, Is making sure that you have the right setup to do the job. Not all jobs provide a laptop so you need to make sure that you have a good quality one with the latest software. A power station that you can recharge by solar power, shore power, generator or through the vehicles own system. You also need to make sure that you are going to be near a tower and have a hotspot plan. Basically you need multiple ways of being able to do the job from your van.

Then you have to have experience and skills. This means that you'll have to start at the bottom and work yourself up.... Which means you may have to work on site in the beginning and work yourself into remote positions. I've been working on that for the last five plus years. Worked on site for a really long time and then started doing small things remotely until I started doing more and more remote positions or responsibilities. I'm finally out the point where I can request only remote positions.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Don't let it stop you from getting into van life though. You can travel to different places doing different contracts and work yourself up to doing remote. You might even get lucky and get a remote position without any experience. It's rare but it does happen. That happened at the contract I'm at now. They hired a few people with zero experience in call center, CS or remote experience. In this case it was mostly bad though - a mixture of lack of experience and lack of common sense and they got fired. If you get lucky and get a job that is remote - ask lots of questions so you don't lose the job.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

There are also a lot of remote jobs for data entry with similar pay.