Look What's Coming... in a year or two.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gizmotron

Reaction score
Here it comes again.

Maybe they will bring out the Vanagon again.

VWbus.png

Its cute but you wold need to stretch that a little to make it large enough to live in.
the original Westphalias were pretty tight inside. This looks shorter and smaller wheelbase.
(actually probably same or longer, but those VW busses had a very short wheelbase lets just say bumper to bumper?)

I've owned half a dozen or so aircooled VW busses, and they were economical (cheap parts and great on gas) and could go many places marked for 4WD vehicles only.

The down side is that they are high maintenance with frequent oil changes and valve adjustments, plus the engines would wear out between 60K and 100K miles.

The water cooled vanagons I've owned were not as nimble or economical as the aircooled busses.

Alas the prices of all the bus models has gone sky high as they are cult vehicles now. Sorry to say an old bay window bus is not worth $14,000 to me.

I much prefer a vehicle with a good heater, air conditioning, and an automatic transmission.

Its cute but you wold need to stretch that a little to make it large enough to live in.
the original Westphalias were pretty tight inside. This looks shorter and smaller wheelbase.
(actually probably same or longer, but those VW busses had a very short wheelbase lets just say bumper to bumper?)

It's Dodge Grand Caravan sized. It'll be available as both a passenger or cargo version.