Load range 15inch wheels

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surfmore72

Reaction score
Anyone know where to find load range d 15 inch tires for my chevy van?  Seems load range e are none existent. 
E

I just did a quick search and wasn't coming up with any either. I might see if you can get some 16" wheels for it out of a junk yard.

we need more info then just 15 inch tires. what size tire are you looking for like 235 75R15. 15 inch tires are following the path of dinosaurs, they are getting harder to find. most 15 inch tires nowadays are trailer tires so if you base your search on 15 inch it comes up with a bunch of trailer tires. I would do like ERLH said and see if you can find 16 inch rims for your van. highdesertranger

surfmore72 said:
Anyone know where to find load range d 15 inch tires for my chevy van?  Seems load range e are none existent. 
E

Unless your hauling serious weight, Load range D or E will be unnecessary for 15" tires. I use load range C on my class-B RV and its been perfectly fine.  What I mean by serious weight is 1 ton chassis hauling a 10, or 11 foot cab over camper. (2600lbs)

Just curious.  Have you actually weighed your vehicle on a truck scale?  What sort of reading swere you getting for the front and back that you want to go up from Load Range C?

beside weight another reason for running a high load range tire is if you off road. especially on graded roads. highdesertranger

highdesertranger said:
beside weight another reason for running a high load range tire is if you off road.  especially on graded roads.  highdesertranger

This. 
I want the confidence.  Especially if the price is about the same.

Yea my van has 15 inch wheels as well and I found only a single set of E rated tires and regret not buying them (out of production now). Load C is easy enough, and Load D are hard to find. XLs buckle under the weight of Big Blue, and C's barely do the job. The cost to upgrade to 16's may just need to be done to get a wider range of tires.

Van-Tramp said:
Yea my van has 15 inch wheels as well and I found only a single set of E rated tires and regret not buying them (out of production now). Load C is easy enough, and Load D are hard to find. XLs buckle under the weight of Big Blue, and C's barely do the job. The cost to upgrade to 16's may just need to be done to get a wider range of tires.

I have been able to find st205/75r15 tires and wheels in load range D ... for example:

https://www.etrailer.com/dept-pg-Tires_and_Wheels-co-Steel_Wheels-tw-Load_Range_D-gw-205|75~15.aspx

I don't know if I'm off-topic or not.  I'm looking at getting some of these for my trailer.  

Pat

highdesertranger said:
beside weight another reason for running a high load range tire is if you off road.  especially on graded roads.  highdesertranger

This is why I insisted on load range E for my 3/4 ton van. For one thing, the sidewalls are stronger, which will resist sidewall blow outs better. Granted, my rims are 16" though, so finding 16" rims in a wrecking yard is not a bad idea.

OMG, I feel so stupid. NOW I know why I've been blowing out tires every time I go somewhere. I have the wrong freaking tires on my trailer. You would think someone at the tire repair shops would have said something. Geez. Guess I'm buying new tires today. And once again, thanks guys. I never would have thought to check. I am learning so much!

Gypsy what kind of tires do you have on your trailer? why are they wrong? highdesertranger

760 lb rating on them. Which is just crazy and explains why I was having issues.

Yep. that's exactly what they are. It's first on the things to do today list.

Oops, no, they are 13inch tires. The whole point is, I never would have checked them out in the first place....so thanks! Priority list doesn't change, the items list just keeps shifting positions!