• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Van Living Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

large a/c unit for sale

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Giggles

Reaction score
My van was an FBI surveillance van before I got it. They had so many electronics in their van that they also had a large (portable) a/c unit inside the van, with a vent that blew out the bottom of the van. (Yes, the fBI cut a hole iin the bottom of the van to vent the A/C.)

If you don't want to cut a hole in the bottom of your van, you might be able to figure out how to vent it another way? I'm not sure. I'm not an electrician. Lol.

Itt would probably also work well as an a/c unit for a trailer, as long as you could figure out a way to vent it outside.

It does not have a brand name on it.  I actually think the FBI custom made it themselves for their surveillance vans. 

All I know is that a it works perfectly if you plug iit into house a/c with an extension cord and appliance adapter. 

The FBI had 4 huge deep cycle batteries that powered the A/C unit and the rest of their electronics. I have NO idea how much amperage, volts, watts, etc.. would be needed to run this in a van, because I honestly know nothing about electronics, except that you plug them in to an outlet. Lol.

Like I said, it works great, but since there is no name brand, and since I have not idea when it was made, etc... I am selling it cheap ($100). 

I don't know how to post photos on this forum, but you can IM with your e-mail address, and I can e-mail you photos of it.

I live in the Phoenix, AZ metro area, but the A/C unit is in my parent's garage in Sun Lakes, which is south of Phoenix.

If you want to come check it out, I'm happy to plug it into an outlet in garage so you cans see that it works..

I’ll be in Arizona the first week in February if it’s still available