12v DC plugs sockets connectors

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoingMobile

Reaction score
I built a propane box for storing my propane tank inside of the van. It is sealed with a vent out the bottom of the vehicle in case it leaks or vents out some gas. I fitted a quick connect/disconnect to the box for the gas line connection. I'd like to find a similar quick disconnect solution for the electric required for the solenoid that will turn the gas on or off. Some type of 2 pin connector affixed to the outside surface of the box that I can connect the two wires to on the inside. And then the male part of that, the plug if you will, I can connect the + & - wires to and it can plug as a unit into the female part on the outside of the box. Any suggestions where I could find such a connector?

I found this, which is the general idea I'm after. But it doesn't come with the male part of the connection and I'm not sure where to find that. Looking for a quick connect/disconnect solution for when I need to refill the tank.

Attachments

• 12v socket.jpg
    12v socket.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 0
...I found this, which is the general idea I'm after. But it doesn't come with the male part of the connection and I'm not sure where to find that...
If I was me, I would take your part to a local-owned family-operated old-timers auto-parts shop.
I bet they have a mate in one of the dusty battered boxes under the counter.
And if I was me, I would cruise local-owned family-operated wrecking-yards for parts of a loom I could snip (presuming the rest of the loom is whack and valueless).
If I was not me, I would not order one 'on-line'... then not go hustle the rest of the project 'on-line'...