ladder

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
<p style="margin: 0px;">I have a 1988 Chevy van G20.&nbsp; I want to put a ladder on the back.&nbsp; Ordered one that said "universal fit" and it didn't fit.&nbsp; I want to have access to the roof.&nbsp; I also wanted to use a bike rack attached to the ladder.&nbsp; Does anyone know of a ladder that fits?&nbsp; Ideally I would like one that attaches to the door hinges like the spare tire mount does.&nbsp; Was hoping to have a bike rack that would not protrude farther than the spare tire.&nbsp; Thanks for any help.</p><p style="margin: 0px;">&nbsp;</p><p style="margin: 0px;">Maggie</p>

&nbsp;I'd just go to a wrecker and pick one up cheap. ..Willy.<br>

J.C.Whitney have ladders
and
if your going to do Bike to it---make sure Bike won't move what so ever---The movement just might tear the Ladder-off..--
I know---.

I put a ladder and rack from a wrecked Rv on my bus. It took a few small modifications to make it fit, but I'm Sooooo glad I did it. I am also looking for a swing away tire rack to put on the back so I can move my spare outside for more room. Something like they had on older vans or ford broncos.

<p style="margin: 0px;">Thanks for all the suggestions.&nbsp; I did order a ladder from JCWhitney.&nbsp; It didn't fit.&nbsp; I was also concerned that the door would not hold the ladder with any weight on it.&nbsp; As a neighbor said, "it's just for looks."&nbsp; I will try to find one at a junkyard when I finish moving from my house.&nbsp; Just too busy with that right now.&nbsp; Thanks again.</p><p style="margin: 0px;">Maggie</p>