Keep clean WITHOUT soap!!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure I will get hate for this however...

Most people that smell do not realize that they smell.

In smaller towns in the southwest, my nose smelled the worst smelling humans I've ever smelled. Most of those times were times I was trapped inside a small town grocery store where staff and other shoppers would pretend to not smell them which only reinforced their view that nothing was wrong.

I know we all come from different backgrounds, educations, and different levels of poverty.

However, I found that I could easily wash up in about 20oz of water in a collapsable bucket and use castile soap with a spray bottle and a washcloth. I used this method DAILY yes, DAILY. To many people advocate for weekly showers and changing your clothes just as often.

Wash your bum every day, put on new underware and socks every day! and just enjoy that feeling of being clean each and every day.

I get we all can't use 7 gallons a day for a shower every day but like I said I washed up using 20oz by following the same method nurses use in nursing homes to wash people. I wash my hair and face first, then arms, belly and back. Then my pits and legs. then my privates and feet. Yes, each and every day I was wasing up using that method the water was coming out dirty. I'm sure I wasn't able to get all the dirt but I had a solid system to keep removing that dirt and bacteria each day and it helped keep me clean and keep me from smelling and helped me feel good about myself.

When I first started van life I went 10 days without a shower, I was using wipes and trying to adjust to the new lifestyle while the gyms were all closed. I know I gotten pretty bad and it effected my mental health and I now advocate for washing your bum with soap and water each and every day!

I know hauling in water is expensive if your campsite has no water access however 20 oz a day is not a lot. Yes, if your not washing as frequent you need more water for the dirt to go but I was able to make a gallon of water last about 4-5 days. So for 2 weeks you just need space to haul in what 3-4 gallons of water to do the sponge bath method?

Of which when I would washup I would watch youtube videos or TV shows so it was actually really fun washing up!

Don't subsute wipes for washing. Wipes are only an addition to daily washing. Like when I'm having a long day and I use a few wipes on my face and arms and go back to working my job. I never skip showering and choose to use wipes instead.

Small things really add up to improve your mood and health. Exercising daily, washing up daily, just enjoy your life but do it with a clean bum that nobody has to smell. Even if you are out by yourself, just clean yourself up for YOURSELF!

^^^
293638875407.jpg

Latest posts