Just registered. Seeking mini bus/shuttle bus

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sfsf

Reaction score
Been following Bob on YT for some time, but just registered here. Hiya dear ones.

I live in Santa Monica, CA, have an inoperative Cancer which has been shrinking spontaneously for over a year....and and during that time, I've become obsessed w giving the nomad life a try.  My oncologist actually approves!

Finding a small newer model diesel school/ shuttle bus and hiring someone to build it out for me is my bucket list.  I've been so drawn to do this for some time & can't shake the feeling....this calling just keeps getting stronger & stronger.

I would like to buy a newer model, low mileage small diesel school/ shuttle bus. But don't know anything about engines, makes, models.  Anyone have sound advice about selecting a good one?  Also, are there any carpenter nomads for hire to gut & build-out a vans/bus?? 

Thank you & warm regards.

Welcome sfsf to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

Hi and Welcome to the forums!  

If you have not come across it already, a YouTube channel called "Enigmatic Nomadics" has some very cool skoolie info.  Jamie has a van build party on November 1st and it lasts 3 weeks.  There may be a few builders around from what I hear.  Best to you, best to you, best to you.

sfsf said:
Been following Bob on YT for some time, but just registered here. Hiya dear ones.

I live in Santa Monica, CA, have an inoperative Cancer which has been shrinking spontaneously for over a year....and and during that time, I've become obsessed w giving the nomad life a try.  My oncologist actually approves!

Thank you & warm regards.

Hi there!  Welcome!! 

Doing builds takes a lot of time.  I think you could get out on the road faster if you are able to simply buy a comfortable rig and just get out on the road.  It can be stressful to do the build yourself....unless that is your dream, to do the build.  But if your dream is to get out on the road, perhaps you might look to see what you can afford that's ready made and ready to go.

A lot of folks have found that they have had increased health benefits by getting out on the road and/or by following their dreams.  My step father's grandfather was diagnosed with cancer at age 40 back in the day, and he had always wanted to live with his lost relatives.  So after the diagnosis, they sold out the farm, and with a young family moved several states away where siblings he hadn't seen since a small child lived.  The man lived to be just shy of 100 years old.

Message me if you're interested in a southern cali carpenter connection 45 minutes south of you....van interiors and solar.