Just a lurker for now

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beavergod1

Reaction score
Been lurking on the boards for a while.  I'm harmless.  Nothing to really contribute as far as full time experience.  So I guess I'm fairly useless too.  I'm 62, have been retired for 6.5 years.  Live in arguably the best, (and most expensive), city in Texas.  Do a lot of car camping in my Burb, but nothing like a lot of you guys.  Can't leave the comfort of my house to full time, but love getting away for a change for a few days/weeks.  Find living in a vehicle very intriguing, and something I could do if, heaven forbid, something should happen to my wife.  Bout it.  Pretty boring.  May drop in on a RTR someday just for the 'halibut'.  Howdy...

Welcome Beaver to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

highdesertranger

Just an addendum.  My dream was to sell the house and live in our 29ft travel trailer when I retired.  We were gifted with our 2 grandkids when they were babies right after I retired.  The mother wasn't ready to be a mother yet.  We raised them for 6 years , then the mother came back and wanted to be a mother.  We lost the kids.  I wanted to sell and hit the road.  My wife not so much.  My wife would give up the world for me and I thought giving up part of my dream was acceptable.  So I kept the expense of the house and she sleeps in the Burb when we travel, including Walmart, truck stop parking lots.  Her nickname for me is 'hillbilly' or 'Jed Clampett'.  Just something I wanted to add...

welcome to the forum! i guess i'm a lurker and a planner for "someday".
i've lived in or visited just about every city in Texas, with Austin being my
favorite, and Midland a close second due to the climate. so where do you live?
jim