Just a Little For Personal Use

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zizzer_Zazzer_Zuz said:
Further it is absolutely clear that marijuana (a Spanish word) was made illegal at least in part for racist reasons. 
That continues today. People in American jails are disproportionately people of color---mostly for minor drug arrests.

Zizzer_Zazzer_Zuz said:
Someone mentioned rope earlier and that somehow hemp was a threat and could be used for other products. You had that a little backwards. Almost all rope until the 1930's was hemp, especially for boats and sea going vessels. Hemp rope does not stretch, rot, or grow weak when wet. Hemp fiber was also used to make cloth and paper. Unless you examine it under a microscope there is no way to tell the difference from hemp or flax linen.
  I have read that Hemp Rope was the best ever for ship use, and that Hemp Clothing was unparalleled for comfort and durability.
Sadly we are lead around by the nose for reason of politics and profit. I hope I haven't over stepped my boundary's by saying that, and will stop there, because if I go any further it will lead down a path not allowed.
OTOH, this thread has been both entertaining and informative. Let's hope it retains both values.

Status
Not open for further replies.