just a heads-up for van-campers in OKC

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lenny flank

Reaction score
Just a heads-up for van-campers in Oklahoma City. A couple nights ago I got a tap on the window from Security and was told I had to relocate from the Walmart lot on Reno. That Walmart is no longer open 24 hours--they now close at midnight.  They do still allow RVs to overnight park there, and there were several rigs already in the lot when I arrived. But they do not allow vans or Class B's to park overnight. The Security guy was nice about it and even suggested a few other places where I might be able to park, but definitely said that it was the store manager's policy to allow no overnight vans. I can only assume that somebody did something stupid that pissed off the manager and provoked the edict. It is awfully odd for Walmart to allow RV's but not vans.

Anyway, I just wanted to let folks know JIC, since this Walmart is still listed at places as "OK to park". If you're in a van, it's *not* OK to park. If you're in an RV, you'll be OK--but note, there are 9-foot barriers at the entrances to keep out really big RVs and trucks.

thanks for the info!

Did you report it on Allstays.com?

If not, please take a minute and do so.