Jericho Battery Company Pre-Order

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldsreliance

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone saw my previous thread where I talked about starting a new battery company a few months ago but I went forward with the project and the importing process has begun.

Cliff's Notes - I partnered with Topband, a manufacturer in China, that makes high quality cells and batteries.  They are the same ones that manufacture LifeBlue batteries.  I went with a top shelf spec with all the bells and whistles as there are numerous cheap options flooding the market and there isn't any money to be made there.  These batteries have internal heating, bluetooth monitoring, user-serviceable case, and the best specs you can find anywhere.  They have a 10 year warranty and 3000-9500 cycle life.  They will retail for $850 eventually.

The first order is in and should be here in about 2 weeks or so.  Until they get here I am knocking off 20% to $675.  And I'll send you a coupon code for another $25 if you buy more than one at a time.

Pre-order and further information is here:
https://store.ldsreliance.com/colle...-12v-100ah-lifepo4-premium-deep-cycle-battery

Youtube video series behind the scenes is here:
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbKwoGlXEWaqvfEM3rkN0H2g0nJFiIT-y

Just a heads up.  Thanks for the support!

I asked the question in the other thread and needed a response about using my PD9245 for charging from shore power. You must have missed it. So will my Progressive Dynamics w/charge wizard work without issue on your battery or do I need to buy something else? Also, what charger, specifically, make and model, do you recommed for your battery if I were to buy one?

I'd be very careful promising buyer's a 10-year warranty from a far away land, that you can not control. Just my opinion.

Matlock said:
I asked the question in the other thread and needed a response about using my PD9245 for charging from shore power. You must have missed it. So will my Progressive Dynamics w/charge wizard work without issue on your battery or do I need to buy something else? Also, what charger, specifically, make and model, do you recommed for your battery if I were to buy one?

Sorry, I guess I missed that.

It looks like that converter charger is only for lead acid.  It has a 4 stage charging profile that includes an equalize mode every 21 hours.  That is not needed with Lithium and can even be problematic.  And while that converter may not hurt the battery because the BMS will protect it, it will not fully charge the battery.

I recommend the MillerTech chargers if you want something that plugs in to an AC receptacle or a lithium compatible converter charger if you want it to be seamlessly integrated into your existing RV or trailer.  The MillerTech chargers can be found here:  https://store.ldsreliance.com/collections/other

Camper said:
I'd be very careful promising buyer's a 10-year warranty from a far away land, that you can not control.  Just my opinion.

I can't control what Topband does, that is true.  And I appreciate the concern.  

My outlook on this is I can only control myself.  I have done my homework, I believe I have found a solid partner with a long reputation for quality, and I know business.  So I am willing to bet on that for the long term.  To compete in the premium battery space you have to have a 10 year warranty.  And that is kind of a scary thing.  But I know that if I take care of customers and I am honest and generous that it will come back around and be successful.

Just curious if the LDS in you name is for Latter Day Saints?

Latest posts