JD's **** Taco-mush-warm-full-gut-bowl

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD GUMBEE

Reaction score
sitting on a river-bridge playing the banjo...
Cook a head of cauliflower by boiling it.
Slice up half a small onion into lengthy thin rings.
(The size of a tangerine...a little bigger than a golf ball.)
Put the other half aside.
Put a tablespoon of olive oil in a pan and crank the heat up.
Toss in the onions. Cook them on high heat till they begin to curl the edges/turn brown/black on the edges.
Throw in your desired amount of hamburger.
Chili powder, garlic and a shake of cilantro if you have it.
Turn the heat down to simmer...as you slice the leftover half of the onion...and toss it in with the burger.
Half burned onion, half soft cooked onion is what you will end up with.
When the cauliflower has cooked, drain it and coat the bottom of your favorite bowl with as much of it as you desire.
Sprinkle "Fiesta Blend" grated cheese on it.
Add a layer of as much "taco burger" as you want on top.
Put a layer of pepperoni slices on top of the burger.
Then a layer of your favorite cheese, covering the entire top.
Nuke on  high till the cheese melts.
Put a spoon of sour cream on one side, a spoon full of salsa, if you have it, on the other.

Enjoy your **** legal, VERY flavorful bowl of chow.
Goes very very well with a side salad of Zesty seasoned spinach leaf salad of your choice.
The entire thing takes me about 30 minutes, including clean up.
(and I move like a typical 90 year old man)

Enjoy.

Since the spice is all up to you, those who like it hot can add hot peppers to the burger, along with the second half of the onion.

BEWARE of packaged taco seasoning. You would not think so...but the crap is LOADED with carbs.
Be sure yours is not.

Those doing **** need to buy a package of Atkins chocolate covered Coconut bars. Like a Mounds, but **** legal.

nice

i have found with similar recipes using the cauliflower like this if i mix some real Parmesan and crushed chicharrones into the cauliflower mush and then bake or stove top in a pan instead of the nuking i can get a nice crispy flavorful crust. not sure the **** gods would approve as i am not up on the doctrine. but the added ingredients are pretty damn low in carbs so it might not be a sin. still tastes and feels good

@ JD - Sounds dee-lish!  I really like the Lily's brand of Stevia sweetened chocolate.  My favorite is the plain 70%, but they have other flavors too.  There is a wee bit of carbs but doesn't mess with or kick you out of ****.  I enjoy one or two rows at a time...  

@Seminole - My favorite chicken dish is eggwashed and encrusted in crushed plain chicharrones, covered and baked.  Throw some whole garlic cloves in the pan.  Super yummy but don't add any extra salt because chicharrones are already salty.  

Link to Lily's chocolate descriptions (but you can probably get a better price if you buy locally...)
https://smile.amazon.com/Lilys-Choc...prefix=lilys+chocolate+stevia,aps,1105&sr=8-7

JD said “Those doing **** need to buy a package of Atkins chocolate covered Coconut bars. Like a Mounds, but **** legal.”
——
Could have gone all month without being told that.
Sigh

https://www.amazon.com/Atkins-Endul...s+coconut+bars&qid=1556122811&s=pantry&sr=8-4

These^^^

Now you have been told twice...in less than a month ;0 LOL

Parmesan is fantastic for a crust.

I might have mis stated one thing though. The bottom layer of cauliflower is not mashed like mashed taters.
It's just the flowers broken into smaller chunks that are bite sized.
We even cook them slightly on the crisper side, since they get heated in the nuker.

Doing this with an oven instead of a nuker will dry out the mix if not covered tight with foil while baking.

Mrs G did a cinnamon cake in a coffee cup with cream cheese frosting with some new flax seed or something like that.
With a cup of decaf at night, it makes you question how your pants are still getting bigger on your legs and waist each day.

JD GUMBEE said:
Mrs G did a cinnamon cake in a coffee cup with cream cheese frosting with some new flax seed or something like that.
Sounds yummy. Recipe please.   ~crofter

Carrot Salad given for 2 one cup servings

1 cup whole milk yogurt
1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
1 cup grated carrot
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon

Mix all together and enjoy, only sweetner comes from the carrots.

36g fat/ 32g carbs (21 g Net carbs)/ 22g protein / 268 calories per serving. 
This is a great winter meal for energy from the seeds and no cooking. Metabolism boost from the cinnamon.

Net carbs of 1/2 cup sunflower seeds= 12g carbs - 8g fiber= 4g Net Carbs
Net carbs of 1 cup grated carrot= 11g carbs- 3g fiber= 8g Net Carbs

""Sounds yummy. Recipe please. ~crofter""

...............….JD died earlier this year...…………….