Inverter suggestions please!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found a generator/inverter combo that runs on fuel. Has cigarette lighter, normal house plug ins, and USB port as well. Also pricey, but matches my needs exactly.

RandaOnTheRoad said:
I agree on the overpriced. Unfortunately I need the inverter, don't want to drain my van battery. I was planning on getting a generator anyway. It may be worth it for me to pay, I'm not mechanically inclined and this product comes with warranty

I meant you will not need an invert or generator for this  device.  You will need a house battery and solar panels to run it while parked.  It draws 5 amps at 12 volts.  You will also need to add ice to it each time you use it.  This has mixed reviews on Amazon.  
Arctic Air You Tube sales pitch 1:46 minutes cools around 3 hours.
U Tube review 13:29 minutes for a two fan model, very loud fans.

Uses approximately 8 to 10 lbs. per hour.

VJG1977 said:
I meant you will not need an invert or generator for this  device.  You will need a house battery and solar panels to run it while parked.  It draws 5 amps at 12 volts.  You will also need to add ice to it each time you use it.  This has mixed reviews on Amazon.  
Arctic Air You Tube sales pitch 1:46 minutes cools around 3 hours.
U Tube review 13:29 minutes for a two fan model, very loud fans.

Uses approximately 8 to 10 lbs. per hour.
Wow. Thank you so much. Very very helpful

8-10 # of ice per hour............that's a LOT of ice , a typical bag of ice is 4-5#...

Get your self a bag of ice. Put it in a stock pot. Set a small fan and blow air across this combination. This simple test will show you why this device will not live up to it's hype. Back in the day before Carrier, Buckets of ice were set around hospital wards for such cooling.

ccbreder said:
Get your self a bag of ice. Put it in a stock pot. Set a small fan and blow air across this combination. This simple test will show you why this device will not live up to it's hype. Back in the day before Carrier, Buckets of ice were set around hospital wards for such cooling.
Will do