Introduction

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darmou

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Daryl, I've started living in my Tesla model 3 since June 2021.  I'm currently renting a Jeep while my car is in the body shop in Sacremento so I've been staying near by until it's repaired.  I'm also looking to add a tail hitch to my car so that I can get a Tab 320 trailer although thinking of putting that off for a while until I have more driving experience/a better financial position.

That said I've found living in my car a lot easier than I thought.  Particularly with Camp mode where I have power overnight.  [font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]I'm a digital nomad, working 9-5 remotely. I'm a keen investor and hoping to build up passive income with dividend stocks and staking crypto currency.  [/font]I'm hoping to meet up with people in the winter.  Heading to Texas in September for a cruse and then going to Arizona in Winter.

Wow, that car has a surprising towing capacity. 2,200 pounds is what I found.
Welcome to the forums!

Welcome Dartmouth. You have an interesting story please stick around and become a part of the conversation. Again welcome.

Welcome to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

TravelingZombies said:
Welcome to the forums.
Sounds like you have a good idea for what you want to do. Good luck with everything.
Hi, It's me. I'm a college student majoring in Game Dev & Simulation at the local community college for a certificate in this program. My goals (right now) is to once I get my certificate, move to North Carolina and enroll in Blue Ridge Community College to study Film Production. This, I'm planning for the Fall 2022 semester. Right now I drive a moped (motor scooter). I'm hoping to buy a van at the end of September (but will have to still get my Class C driver's license so I can drive it) so I can move out of Mom's house and become a Van Dweller (before I get an RV, skoolie) since Mom will be 93 in January.

HI and welcome! 
The only license you need to drive a van or camper is a regular driver's license, is that what you mean by a class c license?

Hello again, apparently I screwed up on your screen name when I welcomed you on this thread. I use this dictation software it sometimes goes off the deep end. I apologize for not getting it right. Wish you well. and again welcome.

kklowell said:
Wow, that car has a surprising towing capacity. 2,200 pounds is what I found.
Welcome to the forums!
Here is a model 3 towing a 6000 lb Airstream trailer .  Needless to say I don't want to pull anything quite that large :)

Latest posts