Introduction:

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twebster

Reaction score
My name is Theresa & I want to live in a van when I grow up!? I started watching YouTube videos about 6 months ago because I didn't have much of a life(I'm 52 years old & disabled). I love the outdoors & every chance  I get I tent camp. Recently I decided I was tired of paying rent on my basement apartment. That I was going to save as much as I could spare & buy myself an older van with low miles & it had to have a high top because my back cannot handle being hunched over & build it into what I could live with. I found a 1977 Dodge Tradesman 200 with 114,000 miles, a rebuilt 318 motor, a 727 transmission, cruise control, & a high top! It had been built as a camper but has lots of leaks so I am in the process of gutting her(I call her "Yeller") & starting fresh! I'm just starting to tear out the flooring, it was almost completely water damaged! I've discovered the high top needs to be removed & since the previous owner put 1x's inside to attach paneling to, I will have to caulk each hole then replace the high top using butyl tape & stainless screws & caulk each screw. I also have an issue with vent holes from the stove & refrigerator that was in it but I think it will be an easy fix. Oh & there are windows in the high top that need to come out & be properly sealed. Anotherwards, I have my job cut out for me!! When I'm finished getting here waterproof then I can start on my van build! My hope is to have her complete buy this time next year. I'm going to need lots of advice so I'm hoping joining this forum will give me a place to receive advice! Thanks for reading my story of dreaming of being van dweller!

Welcome Theresa to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. you will get plenty of help her ask away. highdesertranger

Welcome aboard Theresa !
That will make a nice home for you....
You're in the right place for advice on anything you might want to ask.
Lots of experience here to share with you :cool: .

Welcome, Theresa,
You sound like you know what you are doing on the construction stuff, but you will find good advice (and maybe a little bit of dopey advice too LOL) here on the forums. Just find the section pertaining to each question you have and post there with a good title that explains the sort of question you have.