Intro: Going full time in two weeks!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wildheart61

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Mary, and at the end of this month, I’m moving out of my apartment and into my renovated 1996 Thor 20-foot travel trailer. I’ll be traveling with my 16-year-old cat, Idgie. She was born with no eyes, and her disability has made her very adaptable, so I’m looking forward to seeing how she blossoms on the road.

I’ll be moochdocking for the remainder of this year on a local friend’s property. She’s got a workshop building with heavy-duty electrical where I can hook up to that and water. Since I have never RVed a day in my life yet, this will allow me to learn PW my onboard systems and how to use them before I hit the road for real.

I’ve been researching the lifestyle for a year now, and CRVL was one of the first resources I found, and it’s a big reason I made the decision early last November to take the plunge. So right after Christmas this year, I’ll be heading down to Quartzsite for the RTR. Really looking forward to that!

My trailer’s name is Wildheart, which I tow with my 2011 yellow Jeep Wrangler, named the BumbleBeep Jeep, Bumble for short. And yes, I’ll be at the top of my tow limit, but I do have a weight distribution/anti-sway hitch and brand new electric brakes on the trailer. Hope to meet some of you on the road!

Big step here, WH. "Do it now" (while you still can) is my motto anymore. Moochdocking is a good way to sort things out and get organized for the long haul. 

I hope you will have taken a number of short shakedown trips with your rig before you attempt any long ones. Good luck on the road. :).

Wildheart61 said:
I’ve been researching the lifestyle for a year now, and CRVL was one of the first resources I found, and it’s a big reason I made the decision early last November to take the plunge. So right after Christmas this year, I’ll be heading down to Quartzsite for the RTR. Really looking forward to that!

My trailer’s name is Wildheart, which I tow with my 2011 yellow Jeep Wrangler, named the BumbleBeep Jeep, Bumble for short. And yes, I’ll be at the top of my tow limit, but I do have a weight distribution/anti-sway hitch and brand new electric brakes on the trailer. Hope to meet some of you on the road!

Wow, welcome to you.  Your rigs sound super.  I'm sure you'll do just fine with your weight.  I hope you have an awesome Bon Voyage.

Welcome Mary to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

Wow Mary...congrats. I'm planning to do my first big trip outta Santa Fe to the RTR. 

Hopefully, a few smaller ones before then in my Suv.

I'm going to the women.s RTR for a few days then staying on for the main RTR for a few more.

I'll look for Bumble and maybe we can say hi.

Planning on a van for full time by spring. Laying it all out in my big living room for now! Lol

Chase

"I have always known that at last I would take this road, but yesterday, I did not know it would be today" - Narhara

Chaser Almost Good to Go said:
Hey, Chaser, thanks! You said:

I'm going to the women.s RTR for a few days then staying on for the main RTR for a few more.

Wish I could do the women's, but I won't be able to get there soon enough -- I'll be driving down from PA. And from Maine the day before. And since it will be my first long trip, I'm allowing myself plenty of time to get there, only planning to drive max 6 hrs. per day and dry camping overnight at WalMart, Cracker Barrel, etc. on the way down. 

You also said:

I'll look for Bumble and maybe we can say hi.

That would be awesome! I'll look forward to meeting you. Neat quote, BTW.  :)

highdesertranger said:
Welcome Mary to the CRVL forums!  To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.   We look forward to hearing more from you.  highdesertranger

Thanks! I have visited that post but not gotten through it in its entirety, though I will. :)