Insurance - honesty about living in your vehicle?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My problem is my tools take up half the room in my van. That is an old picture, with perhaps 20% of them. If I do not work, I eat. :( I might have to get a trailer to carry things. I now have air tools that are quite bulky. I have everything I need (with the exception of a cherry picker) to rebuild my van at the side of the road.

Perhaps I need to work on this... :huh: :s :huh: :s :cool:

Attachments

• CAM000931.jpg
    CAM000931.jpg
    181.7 KB
The insurance is not that much for value received. An additional $10 a month to cover all my tools and the things in storage. (And I am already currently paying it.)

I am on the road to relax and get away from the pressures of life. (my kids) Fixing things is therapy for me. My cat and I spend a couple weeks somewhere doing what I like to do, and getting fed at the same time. Then we move on.

My Dodge Van, (Same basic one as you will get), is rated for 2,500 lbs in the 250 model. (Dodge is different than Ford or Chevy, I went to the factory specs to verify this.) It is designed for the weight. When you are ready to instal solar, look at my build thread to see where I have hidden room under the floor for 4 batteries.

I remember your under floor battery install and planned to review it. The van we're looking at tomorrow is the B350 15 pass. maxi and rated somewhat heavier than the B250.
None the less, I like your setup overall.

Yours is rated at 3657 I believe. I could be off some, but that is almost 2 tones. I plan on doing the rough in for the wires in about a week. I have to finish up my braking system restoration, and then the steering box to remove the drift. If you need any parts, let me know, and I will tell you where I found the best deal.