Inflatable chairs and loveseats?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would seem too prone to puncture, living in the outdoors.

It is much faster to set to a folding chair and table. They will be more durable.

RobOfYork said:
Has anyone tried using inflatable chairs, loveseats etc for outdoor furniture when boondocking?

Rob, . I have  and they can be a pain. You cannot have them around a campfire as one popped out ember and its patch time. You must put them on a cargo blanket (HF) They have to be tied down if left  unattended because they will blow away. You cant let people sit in them without checking for screwdrivers, hanging keys, etc in their pockets.  Their typically not pet claw friendly. Kids must be "trained" to use them gently. And they normally dont' fit back in the package they came in when storing. Todays blowers fill them / deflate them quickly.

I've used inflatables in the past.  If I were moving every day or few days I'd suggest folding. 

Punctures are a common reality with inflatables so I'd suggest you have a repair kit if you go that route.
Folding furniture may not be quite as comfortable.  I have found inflatables need to have something like a comforter 
or mattress pad on them as they can feel hot without it.

I would keep a carpet remnant the size of the mattress to place the mattress on to avoid punctures but you must keep it rolled up and clean to keep debris off it.  But then you have a carpet roll to carry with you.  It's just a matter of what you will be comfortable with. 

I once owned one of these couch pull out (into a bed) air furniture pieces once.  There are multiple pieces and what I found was that all had to work properly to be functional.  I later just settled on a one piece mattress.  Today these have built in air pumps 12dc/110ac where if there is any "slow" leakage the pump will automatically work to replace the air.

But having a clean area  free of debris to place these on is of major importance.

I've seen these inflatables in "chair", "loveseat", and larger styles.

[img=485x150]https://m.media-amazon.com/images/S...31.__CR0,0,1940,600_PT0_SX970_V1___.jpg[/img]

I've used inflatables in the past.  If I were moving every day or few days I'd suggest folding. 

Punctures are a common reality with inflatables so I'd suggest you have a repair kit if you go that route.
Folding furniture may not be quite as comfortable.  I have found inflatables need to have something like a comforter 
or mattress pad on them as they can feel hot without it.

I would keep a carpet remnant the size of the mattress to place the mattress on to avoid punctures but you must keep it rolled up and clean to keep debris off it.  But then you have a carpet roll to carry with you.  It's just a matter of what you will be comfortable with. 

I once owned one of these couch pull out (into a bed) air furniture pieces once.  There are multiple pieces and what I found was that all had to work properly to be functional.  I later just settled on a one piece mattress.  Today these have built in air pumps 12dc/110ac where if there is any "slow" leakage the pump will automatically work to replace the air.

But having a clean area  free of debris to place these on is of major importance.

I've seen these inflatables in "chair", "loveseat", and larger styles.

[img=485x150]https://m.media-amazon.com/images/S...31.__CR0,0,1940,600_PT0_SX970_V1___.jpg[/img]

I can see the consensus on inflatable is a big no.

Anyone have recommendations for a folding loveseat? Looking for something two can sit in to watch sunsets etc.