Transit Connect passenger seat tricks.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daleford

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever unbolted the passenger seat on a Transit Connect and turned it 180 degrees? For a solo traveller it would add an "easy chair" to your rear quarters if this could be done. Another benefit is it would be a safer place for your pet to sleep while you travel.

Many people turn their seats around. As long as the bolt pattern matches, and you are handy,... others with specific experience might chime in..

In this case I am glad not to be the first one to think of this. Good to know. Thanks for the reply.
You may (or may not) have some visibility issues. I recall someone doing this in an Astro mentioning the side mirror being obscured.

Good point... might need to fold down the seat which would make it hard to store things there.

The bolt pattern is uneven making it impossible to reverse the seat. The only possibility that I can see is if you manufactured a piece of metal to attach to the floor bolts and then bolted the seat to that piece of metal. I never measured to see if it would work.

The bolt pattern is uneven making it impossible to reverse the seat. The only possibility that I can see is if you manufactured a piece of metal to attach to the floor bolts and then bolted the seat to that piece of metal. I never measured to see if it would work.
Good info. I could build an adapter if I had too. I will consider - THANKS.

I had a buddy many years ago who left his passenger seat unbolted so he could use it camping. Passengers also sat in the unbolted seat! We didn't worry about accidents back then...

Has anyone ever unbolted the passenger seat on a Transit Connect and turned it 180 degrees? For a solo traveller it would add an "easy chair" to your rear quarters if this could be done. Another benefit is it would be a safer place for your pet to sleep while you travel.
I would like to do the same thing to my 2023 Transit Connect. Has anyone found a solution to this?

I would like to do the same thing to my 2023 Transit Connect. Has anyone found a solution to this?
OP here. No one has responded yet. My 2020 is a collision damaged vehicle so when I get that repaired I will experiment with reversing the seat. Don't know when that will be but I will report at that time.