Indel Isotherm Fridge ?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cortttt

Reaction score
Anybody know anything about these? It looks like it's an Italian company that makes many different kinds of marine and portable refrigerators

208_ID-143.jpg

http://www.indelwebastomarine.com/us/products/fridges-freezers/travel-boxes/

The TB41A is the new portable refrigerator that features the best of electronic technology. Highly efficient BD35F Secop (Formerly Danfoss) compressor, energy saving function (ECO), turbo function (MAX) and multifunction electronic thermostat allow an easy and economic management of the fridge through a check and a reduction of consumptions. The electronic board, AC/DC Danfoss converter, allows a DC12-24 Volt or an AC 115-230 Volt supply. The switching between DC and AC is automatic. Three battery protection levels as standard and new sturdy injection moulded lid with integrated closing system. Its features make the TB41A the ideal portable refrigerator to be used in trucks, cars, off-road vehicles, motorhomes and caravans, on boats or yachts and wherever mobile refrigeration is required.

Isotherm Travel Boxes are rugged compressor-based portable fridge/freezers which can be operated at refrigerator temperatures or freezer temperatures.  These versatile units have dual-speed Danfoss/SeCOP compressors which can be operated in MAX or ECO mode.  MAX mode runs the compressor at top speed for fast cooling.  The ECO mode runs the compressor at slow speed which consumes less battery power.  All Isotherm Travel Boxes offer great capacities to store food and drinks on board, on the road, at the campsite, or in the home.

Isotherm Travel Boxes are available in a wide range of models from 15 liters up to 51 liters (16 quarts to 54 quarts). Their compact and light design helps to optimise space on board.

Product specifications

• Very light and compact design
  • ECO and MAX modes
  • Big capacities to store food and drinks (15-51 liters) 
  • TB31, 41, and 51 are equipped with handles for easy transport 
  • 12/24 V Danfoss/Secop compressors
  • AC/DC function on TB31, 41, and 51 are standard (no extra parts or converters to purchase)
  • Danfoss/SeCOP micro-compressors on TB15 & TB18 (DC-only)
  • TB15 & TB come with convenient shoulder strap for easy transport

i have one. the tb 31. quiet cold and made in Taiwan.

ccbreder said:
i have one. the tb 31. quiet cold and made in Taiwan.

I gather its working OK for you? How long have you had it?

http://truckfridge.com/tf51.html

There is a bunch of rebranding going on/ relabelling. The chinese made TF49 is very similar to my Italian made Vitrifrigo C51is, but there are some differences such as the size of the condenser, its fan, and the coolant line plumbing. Mine can be recharged as it has a fill port, the TF49 cannot.

http://www.westyventures.com/parts.html#cart_restore

Check prices on above site. Free shipping. I ordered my VFc51is from him October 2012.

My beer is 33.5f

SternWake said:
http://truckfridge.com/tf51.html

There is a bunch of rebranding going on/ relabelling.  The chinese made  TF49 is very similar to my Italian made Vitrifrigo C51is, but there are some differences such as the size of the condenser, its fan, and the coolant line plumbing.  Mine can be recharged as it has a fill port, the TF49 cannot.

http://www.westyventures.com/parts.html#cart_restore

Check prices on above site.  Free shipping.  I ordered my VFc51is from him October 2012.

My beer is 33.5f

That's two recommendations for Westy Ventures - thanks. Good to know about recharging

Hi
I have a newbie question about portable refrigerators. How do you power these when not plugged into shore power. Don't they take to much power for solar. I am confused.
Bast

Bast said:
Hi
I have a newbie question about portable refrigerators. How do you power these when not plugged into shore power. Don't they take to much power for solar. I am confused.
Bast

The good news is no! They're made to draw low amps and a decent solar power setup can easily power them. I'm a newbie on solar but I'll bet that 200 watts is enough.

With fridges you can have your cake and eat it too - if you're willing to pay for it.

I imagine that I spend over $200 year on ice and that doesn't count gas driving down to get it - and what do I sometimes get for that - a soggy mess, lots of waterlogged vegies and spoiled food - when I'm not watching carefully enough.

Hippiechk said:
Do they freeze?

It says fridge/freezer so it does. I imagine, though, that it either freezes everything or nothing - although they do say that the bottom is cooler...

I just talked to the guy at Equipt. He is very high on these fridges. He said if you look around the website that they only sell the top end stuff -= all very pricey - with the exception of the Indel fridge; it's the only item that's not uber-expensive.

http://www.equipt1.com/i/fridges/indel-b

He said he got turned onto the fridges by National Luna; National Luna is a distributor of Indel's; they apparently sell it somewhere in the southern hemisphere.

He said in the four years they've been selling them they've sold hundreds of them and haven't had one returned.....Not as good as National Luna - but every bet as good as Engel and ARB; said it was the best deal on the website.

I'm going to get the 50L - will let you know how it turns out.

karl said:
I've had the midsize Indel for a year or so- no issues.
I only use it in 12v mode.
Never plan to buy ice or use a cooler again!

That's good to hear...since I just bought one :)

I bought a 50 quart Truckfridge for 3 very specific reasons:

1) It uses the Danfoss compressor, which I wanted for its reputation.
2) There are two places in the country where you can take it for service, one some where on the east coast, I don;t know where. But the other is outside Tuscon, AZ and I spend almost 6 months of the year a few hours drive to Tuscon. In event of a problem, I won't have to ship it.
3) The outside dimensions are all the same, they just get taller as they get bigger. That let it fit in a small area, it just goes up higher--i had plenty of vertical space.

The Danfoss draws about 3 amps per hour. I added extra insulation and it it keeps its cold exceptionally well. Even on 90 degree days it only comes on 3-4 hours a day so far.
Bob

I didn/t know it, but my Truckfridge is a re-labeled Indel B--I'd never heard of them before. It's clearly labeled as an Indel B on the fridge and on the manual. I haven't had it long, but so far so good!
Bob

Indel-B is a very good unit. But the "german" Danfoss is made in Taiwan. The different sizes of Indel have same foot print, they are each deeper. I'm guessing they have the same compressor. One problem I have had is being sure the top latches down. I have had condensation inside the box on humid days.

akrvbob said:
I bought a 50 quart Truckfridge for 3 very specific reasons:

1) It uses the Danfoss compressor, which I wanted for its reputation.
2) There are two places in the country where you can take it for service, one some where on the east coast, I don;t know where. But the other is outside Tuscon, AZ and I spend almost 6 months of the year a few hours drive to Tuscon. In event of a problem, I won't have to ship it.
3) The outside dimensions are all the same, they just get taller as they get bigger. That let it fit in a small area, it just goes up higher--i had plenty of vertical space.

The Danfoss draws about 3 amps per hour. I added extra insulation and it it keeps its cold exceptionally well. Even on 90 degree days it only comes on 3-4 hours a day so far.
Bob

I didn/t know it, but my Truckfridge is a re-labeled Indel B--I'd never heard of them before. It's clearly labeled as an Indel B on the fridge and on the manual. I haven't had it long, but so far so good!
Bob

We can experiment together.  So a Indel-B is a Truckfridge is a repackaged Vitrifigio (according to Windy Ventures). Good luck with it.

I own a Indel-B. It is not a Vitrifigio. Truckfridge is Indel-B distributor.

There are definite differences between a Chinese assembled truckfridge and an Italian assembled Vitrifrigo. My VF's c51is plumbing is different than the TF49, it uses a different larger condenser and has a 120 MM fan that screws to it, rather than a 92Mm fan zip tied to a smaller condenser.

The boxes and doors are nearly exactly the same, and the compressor and controller are the same. I paid an extra c-note for the VF over the TF, and am glad I did.

Danfoss is a german designed compressor, which was made in the czech republic for a while, but then production, like seemingly everything, was moved to slave wage central.

Trying to figure out what products are the same with different stickers and prices, would likely only be accurate for a short period of time anyway, if it were ever accurate in the first place. The only thing one can really count on is they, manufactures, marketers distributors and relabelers, are seeking maximum profit above any other consideration, and anything goes in the quest for maximum executive bonuses.

They'd sell you a empty cardboard box if they could get away with it.

SternWake said:
There are definite differences between a Chinese assembled truckfridge and an Italian assembled Vitrifrigo.  My VF's c51is plumbing is different than the TF49, it uses a different larger condenser and has a 120 MM fan that screws to it, rather than a 92Mm fan zip tied to a smaller condenser.

The boxes and doors are nearly exactly the same, and the compressor and controller are the same.  I paid an extra c-note for the VF over the TF, and am glad I did.

Danfoss is a german designed compressor, which was made in the czech republic for a while, but then production, like seemingly everything,  was moved to slave wage central.

Trying to figure out what products are the same with different stickers and prices, would likely only be accurate for a short period of time anyway, if it were ever accurate in the first place.  The only thing one can really count on is they, manufactures, marketers distributors and relabelers, are seeking maximum profit above any other consideration, and anything goes in the quest for maximum executive bonuses.

They'd sell you a empty cardboard box if they could get away with it.

:)

Just to make clear where I got the idea that the Truckfridge and Vitrifigio were so similar, it was from Westy Ventures who says "Truckfridge and Vitifrigio (basically the same fridge with different trim levels)"

http://www.westyventures.com/parts.html

These moldern fridges, the Truckfridge and Vitrifrigo (basicaly the same fridge with different trim level) 

cortttt said:
:)

Just to make clear where I got the idea that the Truckfridge and Vitrifigio were so similar, it was from Westy Ventures who says "Truckfridge and Vitifrigio (basically the same fridge with different trim levels)"

http://www.westyventures.com/parts.html

These moldern fridges, the Truckfridge and Vitrifrigo (basicaly the same fridge with different trim level) 

I bought the T51... Truckfridge sells that for $599 plus shipping. 

Equipt sells the 51 liter Indel B Isotherm - apparently the same unit for $570 and no shipping cost. 

The T51' Isotherm 51 also has an energy saving feature

[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]The TF51 model offers the best of electronic technology. Featuring a highly efficiency Danfoss/Secop compressor, an energy saving function (ECO), a turbo cooling function (MAX) and multifunction electronic thermostat allowing for easy temperature control with minimal energy consumption.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]It doesn't say that about the T49 - a front door model. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif][size=x-small][font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]TruckFridge AC/DC models automatically switch from 12vDC battery power to 110vAC household electric from shorepower, household electric, generator, etc. when available and plugged in, then back to 12vDC when 110vAC is no longer available. This is used mainly for long term use when idling is not an option. [/font][/font][/size]

[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif][size=x-small][font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]The front door and top opening models seem to be different inside. [/font][/font][/size]