Monoprice Portable Fridge on Sale for Black Friday

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Psyckosama

Reaction score
This little puppy looks decent for Van Life. It's power consumption is pretty average, it's weight and capacity aren't bad, it claims to use an LG compressor so you probably don't have to worry about playing Chinese roulette with parts, and it is very, very cheap.

Is it a Dometic? No. But considering you can buy three of them for the price of a Dometic, not bad at all!

Model:                                            38594
Capacity                                         30 liters
Input Voltage                                  12/24 VDC
AC Adapter Input Power                  100 ~ 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
Total Power Consumption                45 watts
Rated Current (Max Mode)               3.75A
Rated Current (ECO Mode)              1.875A
Refrigerant                                       34g
Weight                                            28 lbs.

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=38594

I like the wheels and handle, and the drain plug....they added their own 'features' to stand out from the crowd just a bit.

Maybe somebody here will buy one and let us know how well it works out for them.

I have the CX40, which is basically a larger version. It runs great, very quiet, and the handle and wheels are very handy. Mine happens to be labeled/branded Alpicool, but I have seen it sold under a few names such as Maximo.
Regardless if the brand name, the model numbers generally stay the same. I would imagine the only difference would possibly be customer service and return policies. The ones with the handles are the CX models. The one you are looking at is the CX30. Mine is the CX40 like the one linked below. This one just doesn't have the Alpicool branding. Just Google the model numbers.
https://www.wayfair.com/outdoor/pdx/cho-40-qt-portable-freezer-cooler-dafy1003.html