I'm sorry, I have to

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theadyn

Reaction score
Okay, I usually don't push this stuff, BUT.....

The situation is, my daughter is having to live in a travel trailer about 3 hours from their home (which I am currently housesitting for them in). 

She decided to make a video.  I've got to post it, because it's just too funny.. she's trying to tell other people how to live in an RV.  hehe

People...   THIS is my child.

You have every reason to be proud that she is your daughter! Lovely girl and her husband was a great sport too. Nice couple and I am hoping that he gets a great job soon so they get back on track.

We once moved years ago from a house that wasn't selling. We were going to stay in our RV while looking for a house. We learned that even though we knew we could afford to make the payments, since my husband had a new job and we had to make the other house payment, they would not give us a loan. We rented the house that wasn't selling and that income put us over the required hurdle to get a loan.

It was nice to see a positive attitude from your daughter and her husband. They are doing what they need to do until they can do something else. I get tired of the "poor me" attitudes that people usually express.

Be proud, very proud.

Theadyn said:
Okay, I usually don't push this stuff, BUT.....

The situation is, my daughter is having to live in a travel trailer about 3 hours from their home (which I am currently housesitting for them in). 

She decided to make a video.  I've got to post it, because it's just too funny.. she's trying to tell other people how to live in an RV.  hehe

People...   THIS is my child.

OK. Gave her a view and a thumbs view. Pretty good quality video.

WriterMs said:
Great fun. She has some skills in producing and editing. Is she looking for work in the on-air broadcasting field?

Can you give me pointers for her to point her in the right direction?

Theadyn said:

sure...

go down to the local TV studio and ask for a job! (and have her bring a CD of this with her).

...and if they don't hire her on the spot, I'll personally go right over there and have a little 'talk' with them! :cool:

That was great, Theadyn! Your daughter has talent. I have a hard time watching videos where people *um* and *like* and stumble over their words. She did none of those things.

And she was funny, too!

She should ask all her friends and family to *like* the video, subscribe to her page and re post the video on facebook

cyndi said:
That was great, Theadyn! Your daughter has talent. I have a hard time watching videos where people *um* and *like* and stumble over their words. She did none of those things.

And she was funny, too!

She should ask all her friends and family to *like* the video, subscribe to her page and re post the video on facebook

Thank you!

Yes, she did post on facebook, I shared also. I thought I'd post it here though, as well, as it somewhat fits this place. :)

She is a nut, and truly enjoys making videos. Glad you guys like it!

That was sooooo fun. They make an adorable couple. (I loved Cookie too!)

Gigi

She has the ability to connect. I suspect big things coming their way. I like that you are proud of your girl, thanks for sharing.

Theadyn said:

Well, things are so different NOW than when I began in the business (tho I have always been behind the camera, not the on-air person). My entry into film and TV stuff was from the public relations end of things.

I believe most TV stations still look for a journalism or communications degree for any news jobs, so she would probably need to look for talk/entertainment options at a very local level. Her YouTube videos are sort of audition tapes, aren't they?

Singers and musicians get "discovered" via viral videos, but those who do are a tiny, tiny percentage of the talented folks you can find online.

Realistically, if she has aspirations for the entertainment field, she might look into the grunge jobs around production companies (TV or film and most cities have these) to have a chance to see what the business is really like up close. Grunge jobs such as any number of "assistant" jobs, on-set catering company helper, etc.

I think Sephson is in the biz doing set design or similar? RV Popeye was in the music side of the biz. Maybe they know the current process. Sorry I can't be more help.. now I'm really feeling like an old fart. LOL

She is so  funny!  I especially loved her use of a command strip on the dog who took it in it's mouth....LOL Thank you for making me laugh.  You should be a very proud parent!

You have reason to be proud. Great video. I enjoy watching videos that make me smile... That one did. Well done.

Loved the video!  I wish them the best on selling their house and moving on.